GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my charcoal gray color is starting to peel off some of the dash areas and it is black underneath, so i was thinking i may go ahead and just strip the whole interior of the charcoal color and leave it black..

any good ideas or tips on how to strip the charcoal color off the dash?....chemically?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Is there anyway to fix the paint that chips off? Its happening in a few spots on my dash too but i dont want to completely strip it

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there anyway to fix the paint that chips off? Its happening in a few spots on my dash too but i dont want to completely strip it
SEM makes interior plastic dyes ina spray can....you could use that...works pretty well IMO

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
SEM makes interior plastic dyes ina spray can....you could use that...works pretty well IMO
Over at DTC -

Denaliano said:
As most of you guys know.. our dashes are prone to peeling, chipping and flaking. It's really aggravating. I've heard SEM makes a darn near exact match to GM interior... But I'm confused about the color. Sandstone rings a bell... but I'm not sure. 01-02 guys, whaddya think? I think 03+ dashes may be different.

My first attempt is not to respray the entire dash.. I'm going to liquefy some of the paint first and touch up some spots with a q-tip. I only really have a couple chips, but it's enough to be an eyesore.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the grey dash, not sandstone. I wonder if they make that color...thanks ill give it a try
yes they do.....its called graphite if i remmeber right, i used it to re dye my center console and it turned out damn near exact!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
joe im having the same problem and you got to ask before i did lol im curious what its gonna look like all black.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
joe im having the same problem and you got to ask before i did lol im curious what its gonna look like all black.
i dunno?......we'll find out here soon!!....

Justin aka Cooldude960 has an all black interior with white accents and it looks bad ass!....so i am hopin mine should look just as good if not better.....black texture dash w/ smooth white accents and trim

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Its more of a flat black when stripped. I stripped mine but then primed and painted it flat black to cover up some imperfections I had from stripping it (need to take your time and I'm impatient, lol). Here's a pic of mine:

PICT0001.gif

1 - 20 of 23 Posts