GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the douchebag cops around here are on my ass right now..same cop gave me 2 tint tickets in a matter of a week. Im working on getting an exemption but for now its just got to go. Ive got the idea of stripping it and have read a few things on google, but does anyone have any personal tips/tricks that work with getting everything off?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
So the douchebag cops around here are on my ass right now..same cop gave me 2 tint tickets in a matter of a week. Im working on getting an exemption but for now its just got to go. Ive got the idea of stripping it and have read a few things on google, but does anyone have any personal tips/tricks that work with getting everything off?
First of all, they're not douche bags; you broke the law.

And get some razor blades and slowly start to peel spots off by hand. Then take some simple green and spray the window down (you can't have too much) and put a trash bag over the top of it to soak and let it sit in the sun. Then it should be easier to peel and take the razor blade to take the adhesive off.....

That's it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Get another person to help you and get a heat gun. Have one person heat up the outside of the window (make sure not to get it too hot though) and the other person slowly pull the tint off. This will get most of it off and if it is fairly new it won't leave much glue behind. Once that is done get a razor scraper and a spray bottle of soapy water. Soak the glass down and keep it wet as you go and just scrape the remaining glue. If you keep it wet it will scrape easier and you won't scratch the glass. You shouldn't need any type of chemical or anything at all. The razor will clean the glass perfectly if done right. Make sure to keep flipping the razor from side to side as that will keep the blade sharper! Good luck.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
you pay to play...i bet with a lesser % set up, you wouldn't get hassled NEAR as much...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I know how u feel had to strip my front two windows the other day after I got a tint ticket. I jus ripped it off and got a razor blade and went to work.

Funny he got me for my sides but not my windshield and its tinted too:crazy:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
sucks balls, what % tint?

·
Registered
6 Posts
1)Get a garbage bag, cut it up to fit window, doesn't have to be exact just enuff to cover surface of window 2) get a spray bottle, fill it with real soapy water and spray glass 3) apply plastic from bag on window sprayed with soapy water 4) let sit in hot sun for about 20-25 minutes less if you put the heater on inside car. 5) peel off tint like hot butter!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Is this Lafayette CA? Fuck CA and their bogus tint laws. I've heard you can just pay the fine instead of pealing it off and paying the 10.00 fix it fee. The fine will be like 150.00 I've heard worth it for me. Was yours a correctable violation? Mine was.

Good Luck!!!!

Mr. 960

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I just peeled the edge up and ripped that shit the fuck off and then used lots of windex and a razor blade to slowly scrape all the glue off. I'm sure the heating up thing would have reduced the amount of glue left over but I'm way too damn lazy for the trashbag thing. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Is this Lafayette CA? Fuck CA and their bogus tint laws. I've heard you can just pay the fine instead of pealing it off and paying the 10.00 fix it fee. The fine will be like 150.00 I've heard worth it for me. Was yours a correctable violation? Mine was.

Good Luck!!!!

Mr. 960
Louisiana:imo

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I just peeled the edge up and ripped that shit the fuck off and then used lots of windex and a razor blade to slowly scrape all the glue off. I'm sure the heating up thing would have reduced the amount of glue left over but I'm way too damn lazy for the trashbag thing. :shrug:
Me 2:crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts