GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running these cool looking meats, I heard that on the radials the teeth on the sidewall are only outlines and not actual chunks of rubber. I read somewhere that the bias ones only have the teeth in rubber. Is this true?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yup very true, on the radials it is almost like the tread just stops at the sidewall. But with the radial you are getting a tire that is much better on the road. :imo They aren't an aggressive offroad tire so there is no point in getting the bias ply unless you are going over a 38" tire

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yes the Bias ply STS are much more aggressive. they have those large teeth in the sidewall that the radials do not. BUT if you drive on the pavement daily, get the radial without a doubt. treadlife with the bias is not anywhere near as good as a radial ussually

·
Registered
703 Posts
I wasnt saying the bias ply wasn't anymore aggressive than the radial, i was saying the tread design overall isnt aggressive on either of them making it pointless to get bias STS unless you are going for a 39.5 or 44

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
I wasnt saying the bias ply wasn't anymore aggressive than the radial, i was saying the tread design overall isnt aggressive on either of them making it pointless to get bias STS unless you are going for a 39.5 or 44
i wasnt saying anything to contradict you. i was just answering the original question with my own observations :bowtie:

i do agree tho. neither tire is aggressive looking enough to have some side teeth matter :pow:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Agressive and sts shouldn't be used in the same post... Their the thornbirds of 2004. All the street queens run them because they "look" cool but offer no performance gains off road. Just get the radials, you don't need a bias.

·
Registered
703 Posts
That is why they are a radial, for those of us with a vehicle that has to see the road quite often :read: If you have a lifted truck that mostly drives on the road, might as well get something that "looks" cool instead of an everyday m/t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts