GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i bought a shit 15 dollar sub (thump) at XS cargo. so I figured i would mount in in a bucket. I got a bucket at work. and it fits the lip of the sub perfectly (10 inch) so i am going to cut a small hole in the side and put terminals on the side of the bucket.

went to radio shack and got some sodder, soldering iron, a terminal for the bucket, and some speaker cable. now i soldered the wire to the terminals on the sub, and i realised that they are not marked + or - . i want to know which one is which so i can soldier the other end of the wires to the terminals. does it matter as long as they are hooked up, or should i play with it hooked up to something until it sounds right? (so i can determine + and -)

??

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent. i am going to finish it up today hopefully. Pics will follow!

its in an A&W seasoning bucket. its soo classy. especially with the thump. thanks for the swift reply

·
Registered
388 Posts
From what I remember if you take a flashlight battery and put the wires to each end and the one that moves the speaker out(up) is the pos+ . :think:
I could be wrong, maybe someone could chime in and correct me.

Bucket? i've seen a cardbord tube used for a 15" it was glassed and painted (flames) looked good, not sure about sound

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.