GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so im going to install my LPP's sometime and my question is, when you guys say tune out the rear O2's, i know that is done through the tune, but do you actually physically install them and just tune them out, or do you just leave them off all together?

im just wondering, because im going to have my cats welded back in due to Va's inspection, but we dont have emisisions testing here.

sorry for the dumb*ss question:think:

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
If they are "tuned out" then why bother drilling holes but if there are holes there already then they will make for good "plugs" :crazy:

Also if you dont have emissions why not get the magnaflow spun cats?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going cheap right now. just reusing as much as possible

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
Just put them back to cover the holes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If they are "tuned out" then why bother drilling holes but if there are holes there already then they will make for good "plugs" :crazy:

Also if you dont have emissions why not get the magnaflow spun cats?
Why would spun cats be illegal unless you're in California?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope im in virginia

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
you're going to have to leave them out for now unless you drill holes and weld in bungs because there aren't bungs in them for the rear o2's. the lpp's only have front bungs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're going to have to leave them out for now unless you drill holes and weld in bungs because there aren't bungs in them for the rear o2's. the lpp's only have front bungs.
Yea i know that, but when i get the exhaust welded back up the guy said he was going to put bungs in so i can run my rear 02's. so that is wondering if i can just leave them out completely, because im going to get Justin to tune them out.

Main reason is if i dont need them, i dont want to put them in, plus it might save me a little $$$ since he has to do less work. (yea, i know, i know, im a cheap bastard:crazy:)

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
leave em out then. just get em tuned out like you said. mine are out now and i'm not tuned yet. there are connectors so you can just unplug them. the only thing they do is tell you that your cats are working.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
leave em out then. just get em tuned out like you said. mine are out now and i'm not tuned yet. there are connectors so you can just unplug them. the only thing they do is tell you that your cats are working.
ok, cool. im just going to tell the shop not to drill/weld up any bung's for the rear 02's then.

also, any ideas on what kind of gains ill see on the LQ9 with the headers? its internallly stock with a CAI and black bear tune. maybe 15-20hp at the wheels?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I thought I seen on LPPs website that the longtubes will get you 20hp to the wheels. I'm not so sure about that though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts