GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a stupid question for anyone that is willing to answer. I've got a 1996 Chevy Tahoe 2dr and I was wondering what the size of the speakers are in the back cieling. I believe they are 4x10's and the next question is can 6x9's be installed without any major mods.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
yep they're 4x10's. I tried fitting a pair of 6x9's up there. it didn't work, they're too deep. Besides, thats a shitty place to put speakers anyway. What I ended up doing was putting a pair of 6x9's in boxes and velcroing them to my wheel wells. They don't fall off to my surprise, even when bouncing around offroad. And they sound damn good, infinitly better than the pioneer 4x10's that were up in the stock locations when I got the truck. They actually have bass and can take alot more power than any 4x10. :head:

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
the plates that mount the 4x10's can be removed, then you can cut them to fit 6x9's, then put them back in place, far easier than trying to cut while in the hoe

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I could see you doing 6x9s if you mounted them to some plates outside the 4x10 hole and screwed that into the headliner. The problem would be making it look good without pulling the headliner out and redoing it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts