GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have noticed a vibration at about 42mph. I just had my wheels balanced, and my alignment done as well. What the hell could it be? Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. :rocking:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hmmm, mine comes at 65mph? But i havnt had my tires rotated, balanced or an alignment in quite awhile...Need to badly, I know ur in cali but whered u get urs done and how much do they normally run? I need to just stop at Napas or discount or somewhere but Id like to know how much i will be looking at throwing down!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, mine comes at 65mph? But i havnt had my tires rotated, balanced or an alignment in quite awhile...Need to badly, I know ur in cali but whered u get urs done and how much do they normally run? I need to just stop at Napas or discount or somewhere but Id like to know how much i will be looking at throwing down!
My alignment was 50 even at a local alignment shop, took about an hour. I went to America's Tire and it was 100 to balance all 4 wheels....because they are 22's I guess that makes it more. Whatever.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Damn $150, I geuss i should just take it to my old high school and ask my old teacher if i can just do it myself, i think that would be alot cheaper!!! But thanks for the quick reply and info!

·
Registered
301 Posts
damn, maybe we arent chargin enough. our alignments are 45 with state of the art laser alignment. balancing is 9 bucks per wheel with road force balancing. hmmm...?

on another note....maybe a drive shaft vibration?? is the steering wheel bumping at that speed or just feel something in the cab?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
probably your pinion angle

·
Registered
184 Posts
i dont suppose you are runnin a 2 link like me??? haha i got a vibration that starts a 38-39 and is worse and about........ 42-43. sounds like the same thing im dealin with... and its pinion angle. thats why im saying bye bye to the 2link. just a though

·
Registered
178 Posts
Carrier bearing for sure. If it is the extended cab in your pic then it has a 2 piece drive shaft. the carrier bearing needs to be relocated higher to straighten the drive line out. wouldn' you know it, I've go the bracket to help you out. let me know.
badhabitcustomssig.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts