GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 shortbed single cab
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most i would possibly be able to raise my seat to build a box for 2 12s underneath... Ive started a concept but open to suggestions.. I have 98 s10 buckets in it now with a custom center which still folds... Seat will be more than secure using the box being bolted to the floor and the seat bolted to the top of the box by the seat track.. Positive input only please.. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to believe that they will be more secure than stock from two 7/8 oak face boards with grade 8 bolts from seat tracks to seat bolt holes which hold the seat just fine as it is.. Please enlighten me on how it wont be secure

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,407 Posts
Yea you are right I can't believe they stopped building cars using wood. I can't imagine why they went away from that. Frankly I am not worried about you being killed in an crash but more the person with you because of your stupidity.

You just said how you don't see why a grade 8 bold and 7\8th think wood would not be strong enough? Even a non grade bolt would not break in this situation

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not deleting any of the factory structure... So why not be a dick somewhere else... Im simply building a box out of 7/8 hardwood that is proven stronger than the flimsy sheet metal bullshit frame the buckets mounted to... I dont see how u made it out of the 1st grade considering how much of an dumb fuck u seem to be... Positive input only.. Whoever is reading u this like a storybook must have left that part out.. But it would require a touch of abstract thought to understand what i said.. Like i said.. Be a dick elsewhere... Pipe down youngin... We tryin to have a real grown up conversation here

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,407 Posts
Yes I am sure the gm engineers were out smartest by a guy wanting to use 7/8 thick wood. Get the fuck out of here with positive comments only bullshit when you are doing unsafe shit like this.

Just because the logic works in your head doesn't mean it's correct.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,407 Posts
On second thought it might be better for you to go forward with this. That it reduces the amount of time you are on this planet to make bad decisions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ur still bein a dumb ass... Stop and read the whole thread and try to keep up.. IM NOT DOING AWAY WITH ANY ORIGINAL STRUCTURE.. IM ADDING TO WHATS ALREADY THERE... Leave me the fuck alone.. And i suppose ur and expert right.. Lemme put on my surprised look... I was lookin for ideas... Not for a know nothing asshole to pipe in... Im sure if anyone want any lip from u they would scrape it off their zipper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts