GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am think about getting 2 10s to put in my truck but have a few questions.

I have the Bose Sound system and want to keep it along with the deck. So can I just hook up an amp and subs to it?

Also my back seat folds down like in the suburbans and tahoes, could I fit them back there? How much room do they need?

Thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you can tap a hi/lo adaptor off the Bose amp and add an amp from there

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
not too sure about adding to that bose system since i think it has an external amp...

as far as your seat folding down how does that work? i thought you traded in the cc for an 03 ext cab? my back seats only fold up...

theres alot of 10's on the market and they all have diffrent airspace requirments your going to have to give us some more info on what your looking for out of a system and what type of space you have (like pics)

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dude, do you know where the amp is? Is it hooked up the the deck?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw I was fucking with you guys, that was a rental cause my truck got hit. Theres pics in that thread.

I am just looking for some more bass in the truck. I want to get a really good (not BEST, but better medium quality) amp and subs (10s). Ill take some pics of the space in the rear.

·
9,823 Posts
Ive heard its under the center console

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You heard correct, I just checked and it is under the center console. :D

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Downfall said:
..as far as your seat folding down how does that work? i thought you traded in the cc for an 03 ext cab?
lol, :eek:wned: Well Brandon, you know you fooled the shit out of atleast 1 person! :LOL:

Anyways, it looks like you can fit some subs back there... I am no audio expert, but you might not be able to fit subs with big magnets (big power :evil: ) behind the seats. How many inches you got back there? Also, (once again, I am no audio expert) it might be a good idea to get a new head unit because the difference in my old Panasonic head unit and my new Pioneer one is INSANE! You might not have enough audio settings to adjust with the stocker, even though it's bose, BUT I DUNNO! Talk to an audio shop I am sure they will help you out, just don't let em jip you. :read:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
And the difference in space (depth wise) between 10's and 12's is really nothing as far as I know. 10's have "tighter" bass and 12's have "deeper" bass. Just lettin' ya know.. the audio expert that I am.... not. :ninja:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you can fit 12s under a extended cab rear seat... i know, i have em.

IMO the bass ur gonna get out of running a stock deck and some subs isn't gonna be all that great sounding. I don't know much about what you have to do with a 04 to get all of the electronics to work, but i'd try it, honestly, b/c honestly, changing ur deck out has to be the best thing you can do for sound quality.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yoskater said:
lol, :eek:wned: Well Brandon, you know you fooled the shit out of atleast 1 person! :LOL:

Anyways, it looks like you can fit some subs back there... I am no audio expert, but you might not be able to fit subs with big magnets (big power :evil: ) behind the seats. How many inches you got back there? Also, (once again, I am no audio expert) it might be a good idea to get a new head unit because the difference in my old Panasonic head unit and my new Pioneer one is INSANE! You might not have enough audio settings to adjust with the stocker, even though it's bose, BUT I DUNNO! Talk to an audio shop I am sure they will help you out, just don't let em jip you. :read:
Thanks. I am going to go ask around see what I can do. I really dont want to change the deck. If i have to I probably wont even bother with subs then. The Bose System is pretty much good enough for me, I would just a like some more bass.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
if you want just a lil added bass and aren't worrying about "bumping" using ur stock deck will be fine, you just won't be able to turn ur system up.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2k1slvrdo said:
if you want just a lil added bass and aren't worrying about "bumping" using ur stock deck will be fine, you just won't be able to turn ur system up.
What do you mean up? Also the bose system has an amp under the console plus I would like to add one for the subs, if I can. I dont know shit about audio. :imo

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
factory decks have bass blockers so if you turn ur volume up, it rids base from the system. It'll sound good until you turn it up, then it'll just fall on its face :read: U'll have no bass at higher volumes, so no showing off for you. But then again, i'm not sure about the bose, but i'm guessing it works the same way. Every car i've ever been in does it, benzes, porsches, bmws, chevy's all do it.

·
9,823 Posts
no the chevys do it also

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
MForsland bought a box off EBAY then had a custom box built.....he has 2-10W3's from JL AUDIO :head: with a 500/1 amp looks and fits clean. I dont have any pics tho :bawl:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i didnt get owned fool i just didnt go back and read the thread all the way through...

i will agree a custom fiberglass box is proabbally the best way to fit decent subs back there

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
factory decks have bass blockers so if you turn ur volume up, it rids base from the system. It'll sound good until you turn it up, then it'll just fall on its face :read: U'll have no bass at higher volumes, so no showing off for you.
As I've said many times, I have the stock deck, and a Kenwood 5channel amp running my factory door speakers, and rear speakers and my two JL 12s ... my system sounds fine to me .. it's not a competetion system but I've had no complaints ... and I do have bass at higher volumes.

I'm not saying switching out to a better headunit wouldn't be better, it would ... but the stock deck works fine for me for now till I can get a in dash screen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts