GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've found 2 different boxes for under the back seat of my CC HD that will fit 12's. One has .77 cu ft of space and is down firing, the other is upfiring and has .88 cu ft of space. I'm considering the JL Audio 12W1V2 subs, and they recommend 1.25 cu ft. of airspace.....will that sub sound like shit in either of those boxes? Or is that a recommendation only and not a requirement? Thanks :D:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well if you had 1.25 cf or air, it will sound good, but since those trucks have like no room, you gotta get the biggest box that will fit. Also you can stuff the box in polyfill so the sub thinks its in a bigger box then it is.
You can get polyfill at walmart, target etc..

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Most pre-fab boxes dont have much airspace. Get a nice one made with around the reccommended airspace imo. At least thats what im doing right now...

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The closer to the correct airspace you are the better its going to sound.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 10s in there now, but just can't get used to the sound. I've ALWAYS had 12's in all of my trucks....are they going to sound like shit if there's not enough airspace? Or will they just sound BETTER in the proper airspace?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Most pre-fab boxes dont have much airspace. Get a nice one made with around the reccommended airspace imo. At least thats what im doing right now...
you got too with that monster.

If you want to save some money and get a much better sub than the w1 and needs the amount of airspace that that particular box gives you, i suggest Orion HP subs. I have the older P-series and its a nice all around sub. Both tfunit and Anthony can back me up on Orion's quality.
.7ft^3 is there recommendation for and spl enclosure so it should be a perfect match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts