GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am looking at getting a couple of these subs.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohms Subwoofer with Polypropylene Cone

Model: P312D4

I know you will probably tell me they are not that good, but I work at Best Buy 8 hours a week for discounts and get a huge discount on car audio.

I think these are the best that Best Buy offers. If you would like to check at Bestbuy.com and let me know if there are better ones, feel free.

The fact is, I know nothing about ohms really, and was wondering what I would need.

I listen to mostly rock, a little bit of rap, a little bit of country, really just about everything. I just want to be able to turn it up if I want to.

Are these subs pretty good, and will they give me good sound?
How much airspace do I need for them?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't thought about an amp yet. I was gonna buy the subs, build the box, and then get the amp, and then of course install it all.

What amp would you recommend from Best Buy?

Gotta be from there. The discounts are just to big to buy elsewhere. Really the only reason I want the system is because it will be so discounted....lol.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Fosgates are well known for bass driven products, which includes their speakers and amps. Would recommend going with them. Wouldn't suggest the Fosgates for the highs. DVC with the P8002 amplifier is going to rock! Each speaker can be wired in series for 2 ohms, which yields 400 watts to each speaker. :LOL:

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they are set up, and I have listened to them, and think they sound pretty good. I just wanted to get some advice from the people in the know.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And actually, I don't think these particular models are carried in the store so I haven't listened to them. I have to order them through our accomodations program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts