GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my MTX thunderform in my brothers 03, but he only has one sub in it and he has some $$$ and needs another sub... The sub is a fosgate HE2 Dual 4 ohm 10" sub, but it looks as if they dont make that same one anymore... So my question is what do yall recomend in the $80 range? He runs a JBL 600.1 on it and it sounds good, but he needs to fill the other hole... Any help would be great... Also I do need another dual 4 ohm correct?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me say again, I searched for the RFP3210 that is on my box, and no one has them... But im sure the new model in the same config will sound the same...

I just didnt know if getting a diff sub and not having matching ones would work well or not...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Let me say again, I searched for the RFP3210 that is on my box, and no one has them... But im sure the new model in the same config will sound the same...

I just didnt know if getting a diff sub and not having matching ones would work well or not...
won't matter. just make sure to wire it up correctly. I once ran 3 different sets of subs. It actually sounded quite good for what they were. 2 crossfire 10s, 2 Eclipse 12 Titaniums, and 2 audiobahn 10in flame Qs.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
well, you can achieve any OHm with that combo... 4 Ohms, 2 ohms, 8 ohms, 16 ohms... its just a matter of what you want... but sure, a dual 4 ohm will be fine. Connect only one of the coils, and run them in parallel. That will present a 2 ohm load to the amp.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lower the ohm the better the bass correct? So only using one of the 2 coils is efficient? The more bass the better...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I have some Rockford HE's in my boat, don't hit extremely hard but not bad for the price.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
Lower the ohm the better the bass correct? So only using one of the 2 coils is efficient? The more bass the better...
the lower ohm, the more power ur amp will run... less resistance. Using one of the coils is fine... thats what DVCs were designed for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts