GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 silverado standard cab and i'm going to be building a custom center console to house the speakers. i'm going to be running 10's. my question is if i only run 1 10, which sub would give me the best sound?

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have a 95 silverado standard cab and i'm going to be building a custom center console to house the speakers. i'm going to be running 10's. my question is if i only run 1 10, which sub would give me the best sound?
What kind of seats do you have in it and that will determine everything lol. I see that you said center console but it is possible to put a big ass 10" or 12" sub behind your seat if it is not the old bench seat which it should not be with what you said above.

If I was working with your truck I'd go one 10" or one 12" audioque hdc3 and put an amp that puts out 1500-1600wrms. Make the enclosure 2 cu ft and port that bitch. It is possible to put 2 10" audioque hdc3's but the box would need to be 3 cu ft ported. I know a guy that has 2 aq 10's with an aq3500d amp in a reg cab gmc sierra and it gets loud and he already winning trophies.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
i have and will always run alpine everything....had kickers and jl and all that...i like them too....but for the best sound quality and awesome loudness alpine has always treated me right.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have and will always run alpine everything....had kickers and jl and all that...i like them too....but for the best sound quality and awesome loudness alpine has always treated me right.....
Ya all the above is not bad at all just depends on your budget. You can get so much more for your money though if you stay away from all the mainstream brands. Alpine subs are a pretty good bang for your buck but like I said it all depends on your budget. If you can afford it I would go audioque hdc3. They are the best bang for your buck at only $219 for the 10's $229 for the 12's. If you are familiar with DD (digital designs) subs you'll be happy to know the owner's family member also owns Audioque. Very similar subs but the price is a lot less and they can take over 1500wrms on the basic hdc3.. Just because you do not hear all about a brand does not mean it is shit. DD/AQ will blow most companies out of the water.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
DD 2500 series. friend just got one in his golf its unreal for a 10.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts