GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i havent messed with subs and stuff in a long time, but if i bridge my amp and run the pos end to the pos side of the left sub, then the neg side of the one to the pos side of the right sub then the neg side of the right sub to the neg side of the amp, whats that do to the wattage going to each sub?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
what amp, what subs?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iam going to prob do 2 premier 12's..... and thats why iam asking... because iam in the market for an amp to feed 350 wats to each sub...

·
BeyondReality
218 Posts
Pick your subs first and buy and amp to suit their needs.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats the subs iam getting and i cant seem to find a amp for it that i like...... iam getting to 12 inc premier shallow mounts... they need 350 watts each rms

·
9,823 Posts
Alpine M650 would be nice
or the Rockford 600bd
both would be right at 700 rms
but the scenario you gave would be run in series and those amps would need a parellel setup at 2 ohms

·
9,823 Posts
if they are single voice coil 4-ohm ones just get one of those amps like I listed that will run at 2 ohms mono

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok and how would you wire up the subs with one of those amps.. and how many wats aprox would go to each sub

·
Registered
906 Posts
ok i havent messed with subs and stuff in a long time, but if i bridge my amp and run the pos end to the pos side of the left sub, then the neg side of the one to the pos side of the right sub then the neg side of the right sub to the neg side of the amp, whats that do to the wattage going to each sub?

Sounds like a DVC Subs, The way you described how you are gonna wire the subs are wrong! Connect 1 Positive to the positive on the amp, and 1 Negative of the sub to the negative on the amp, than connect the positive and negative together on the sub!

Here is some images of how to do it! Check to make sure your subs are Dual 4 Ohm or Dual 2 Ohm

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_05ohm.gif

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

·
9,823 Posts
ok and how would you wire up the subs with one of those amps.. and how many wats aprox would go to each sub
no those would be SVC subs. Just go + to the amp and - to the amp, no tricks needed

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
but be sure that u get an amp that can bridge a 4 ohm sub or it will burn up the amp make sure it at least 2 ohm stable hifonics makes great amps and so does db drive i recomend both of those to my customers

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but be sure that u get an amp that can bridge a 4 ohm sub or it will burn up the amp make sure it at least 2 ohm stable hifonics makes great amps and so does db drive i recomend both of those to my customers
yeah thats what iam curious about... the subs are 4 ohms...but iam thinking of just buying 2 alpine amps.. the stackable kind

1 - 15 of 15 Posts