GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Da Experimentor
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my system all hooked up this weekend. dont laugh its just somethin to be able to listen to while i drive to work. i had a kicker ZR360 layin around ive used in 2 of my previous trucks and 2 kicker solobaric 8L7's in truck boxes until i get a larger box built. i picked up a kenwood deck to run it all. everything sounded great, buttoned it all up and called it good.

now fast forward to about 10 mins ago. went to get the preggo wife some chinese food, cruisin along stereo up, suddenly its like the bass boost or someting comes on and it just really starts pounding, then i fades out like there arent anysubs at all, gradually gets a bit louder and levels off for a minute then starts the process all over again. i checked all my connections and everything is all good, im just stumped!

anybody have any ideas?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
the song maybe...

I dunno man your amp possibly overheadted

·
Registered
374 Posts
mine does the same exact thing. i have a bd1000 and two 10 inch l7s. it might have something to do with the internal parts of the amp. im not sure im jus guessin at it.

·
Da Experimentor
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive installed SEVERAL systems for myself and for my friends and family and ive never had this happen. its got me flat our stumped. i was hoping a few of the audio guys that do this for a living might chime in with a possible fix.

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
Did you check (and re-check) the ground??? I know it sounds crazy, but a poor ground will make the amp get goofy. My Kicker amp was working, then would kinda stop, then work, etc. I checked all the normal stuff like remote wire for problems, fuses, etc. and couldn't find anything. I finally removed the ground wire, cleaned it up, and re-grounded it and it was fine. Just thought that might help you.
-TK

·
Da Experimentor
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i waskinda starting to think about that. i ran outta 4ga running my power wire so i just used some 8ga i had layin here and i grounded it to a seat bolt. i dunno if maybe thats whats wrong. everything sounded great for awhile.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This may be way off but might be worth a try, i've run into it a few times. I used to have a radio that would change its volume based on how high the rpms of the truck went. I cant exactly remember where or how but it would do something very similar to what your getting. Might be worth look into....anyone else remember what i'm talking about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts