GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Want a Cowl Hood OBS !
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a sub with a 6.37 in mounting dept too deep to get behind my seat in a 99 rc i am about 6ft

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm 6'1" and have plenty of room still....big change in the dash from OBS to NBS. OBS I was closer to the dash that I am with the NBS.

Andrew

·
Registered
464 Posts
Your best bet is to build your own boxes for a sub that big, I have a regular cab, and I am building custom boxes for my new subs as we speak. With that mouting depth, you are definately going to lose some leg room, but with a custom built box you won't loose nearly as much as if you bought pre-made boxes. I wanted awesome sound, so I used 3/4" MDF for my box. for the bigger magnet I took a plunge router and routed out the spot where the magnet hit to about 1/8 inch. My boxes fit behind my seats, and the seats are all the way back. My mouting depth is about 5.5 inches so if u build a little bigger box and lose a little leg room, I think you will have it made. Also my boxes are about 1.0 cu. ft., perfect for my 10's.

If you need to calculate the dimensions and what not, try this site:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

·
Registered
54 Posts
DemoN said:
those subs are 6 3/8s deep? :think:
I'll have to measure, for some reason I thought it was more. I'll check tonight.
Andrew

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK, measured it and the bottoms of the sub boxes are 7.6" and the tops are 5".

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts