GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2005 sierra awhile back it is bose equipped w/steering wheel controls. The truck came with two Rockford fosgates 10's in a under the seat box and a kicker zr360 amp on the stock head unit.. The subs don't seem to hit very well and at times would just randomly hit in a repetitive sequence for a few seconds so I killed the power to the amp for the time being. I started looking into it as I am a noob when it comes to audio haha and it seems like most people wired there RCA converter in at rear speaker wires. I took off the dash bezel and the converter is wired in behind the HU could this be my problems? Sorry if I am way off track my knowledge of audio and electronics is not very good. Attached are pics of where it's wired in at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yup, but on a Bose system, you want to tap into the output of the factory amp, not at the speakers. If you have a center console with a factory sub, there's where you want to tap into.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
What he said. The repetitive noise you heard, was it fast or slow or what? It may be the adapter is bad or an RCA is bad which is that part of the equation. If it's not on that end, it could be on the amp end.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So tap wires after the factory amp or before? It was pretty fast and would do it 4-5 times iirc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts