GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering if anyone of you have used or could tell me which is better daily speaker between the Audioque HD3 or FI audio Q or BL series. All will be 10'' subwoofers.

Also has anyone used an Audioque 2200D

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
aq is solid and so is fi... your best bet is to what you can get a better deal on.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Are you going for sound quality or spl?

AQ will louder but the Q would have better quality....
so it would be a choice between loudness and sound quality...

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Are you going for sound quality or spl?

AQ will louder but the Q would have better quality....
so it would be a choice between loudness and sound quality...
true, but the BL should give a bit of both.

·
Registered
318 Posts
All of those are great. Depends on if you want loud or sound quality like they said and also a big factor is the mounting depth you have to work with. The audioque hdc3 is going to be a lot louder as they are much more beefier can take more power and require more mounting depth. I have messed with an aq1200d, know some people with aq1200's and the 3500d. For the price to performance ratio the best deal is with AQ. I'm sure you already know DD's owner has a family member that owns AQ and AQ is about same quality but much more affordable.

If it were me and you want LOUD I would go AQ you cannot beat them bro.

For the AQ hdc3 10" the mounting depth is 7.625" so you will want at least a box with a depth of 10.5" minimum IMO if you are hurting for space.

I like those aq amps so much I was going to buy an aq1200d but they were out of stock so I bought a sundown sae 1200 instead.

Just want to make sure are you talking about the older aq which is HD3 or the HDC3 on the aq website now?

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im talking about the new AQ subs. Whatever is on their website now. SO it seems like the FI Q series is out of the question since im looking for a wow factor being a 10'' sub that will get loud, all while sustaining great SQ. I know all three three subs will sound excellent so thats really not a huge deal. And the box will be made to sit nicely on the backseat. Whatever it takes to get the sub to its full potential.

I just cant figure out why the AQ 2200d is so cheap ? Seems like a guy would be stupid to purchse anything else. Unless you dont want to wait for a backordered product like said. Will my trucks electrical system be able to power this monstrosity ?

If I could find an older RE 10'' XXX I would definitely go that route. I had an 04 model 15'' XXX in my grand prix and it was by the far the best sounding speaker I ever came across I just didnt have the trunk space to satisfy it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Im talking about the new AQ subs. Whatever is on their website now. SO it seems like the FI Q series is out of the question since im looking for a wow factor being a 10'' sub that will get loud, all while sustaining great SQ. I know all three three subs will sound excellent so thats really not a huge deal. And the box will be made to sit nicely on the backseat. Whatever it takes to get the sub to its full potential.

I just cant figure out why the AQ 2200d is so cheap ? Seems like a guy would be stupid to purchse anything else. Unless you dont want to wait for a backordered product like said. Will my trucks electrical system be able to power this monstrosity ?

If I could find an older RE 10'' XXX I would definitely go that route. I had an 04 model 15'' XXX in my grand prix and it was by the far the best sounding speaker I ever came across I just didnt have the trunk space to satisfy it.

Well if you have the whole back seat available 3.0 - 3.5 cu ft ported for 2 AQ hdc3 10's would be perfect. One hdc3 10" would be alright but I would get 2. Those AQ hdc3 subs can take a lot of power thrown at them if you wanted to. Are you stuck on a 10" sub and only a single sub? If you are sticking with a single sub why not go for a 15" or a 12"? You have a lot of decisions to make and for your application. Those AQ subs are so affordable I would highly recommend doing a dual sub setup even the 2 10" aq will get loud as fuck. A guy on youtube has 2 10" aq subs in a reg cab gmc sierra in a 3 or 3.5 cu ft box and AQ 3500d. He still has stock electrical for now and maybe running 1400-1500wrms and hit 146.6 on Term lab. After he upgrades his electrical and big 3 plus batteries at full tilt no telling what he will hit.. You can run a 3000wrms amp at 100wrms if you wanted to so don't be afraid to get an amp with more power needed.

Audioque is so affordable because they don't have all the flashy lights or chrome / cosmetics and concentrate on the quality of parts inside of the amp. From audioque it is factory direct no middle man or no bullshit. Most amps today are made in china so don't let some dumbass say oh its a pos because it is made in china. The Hdc3 has a "C" in it because they are now made in china but like I said most products are today but not all. Even the sundown audio sae line says made in china on the box.

If you decide on the aq2200d you can get away with stock electrical temporary (not recommended) if you keep it turned down like 1400wrms or lower but I HIGHLY suggest getting the big 3 upgrade and a HO alternator with 0 gauge wiring. If you wanted to do more an extra battery would not hurt.

FI Q sound badass and can get loud but then again it is more SQL. For the type of truck you have I HIGHLY recommend a dual sub setup whatever it may be you will be much happier in the end..

RE is also badass then again you have some tough decisions to make.

GL bro. Hope I have helped some..

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your time man. Im basically looking for a single setup because I want to school people on what a single 10 should sound like.

Im really not looking to upgrade any electrical on this truck. I would possbily do the big 3 however.

Right now the AQ HDC3 is looking like the sub to get UNLESS, I come across an older 10'' XXX like said or even an Adire Audio Brahma.

What amps do you know of that are made in the US ? Im just curious.

Ive really been throwing around the idea of a zx1500.1 as well. I loved my zx1000.1 i regret selling it. ( come to think of it I sold it to a member on this forum )

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for your time man. Im basically looking for a single setup because I want to school people on what a single 10 should sound like.

Im really not looking to upgrade any electrical on this truck. I would possbily do the big 3 however.

Right now the AQ HDC3 is looking like the sub to get UNLESS, I come across an older 10'' XXX like said or even an Adire Audio Brahma.

What amps do you know of that are made in the US ? Im just curious.

Ive really been throwing around the idea of a zx1500.1 as well. I loved my zx1000.1 i regret selling it. ( come to think of it I sold it to a member on this forum )
Hard to keep up with what company does what now. Most amp products are made in china or korea / over seas now. If the amps are not made here then some of the parts are imported so its hard to say as some are shady lol.
Subs on the other hand can be built in the usa like Digital designs etc and others..
My point is do not worry about where it is made but worry about the quality of parts being used. Just do research or ask if you want to know if a product is good.

Those AQ subs are badass, at one time I was going to go with the 12" AQ instead of the RE but I got a better deal on the RE.

Those kicker amps are fine as long as you don't pay to much for them. On ebay they are affordable if you look.

DD,sundown audio,memphis,Rockford Fosgate bd series,old school orions,kicker,JL, etc the list goes on are all good.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
id personally go with a dclvl4xl 10.:imo

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
good friend of mine has a 15" Q it sounds AMAZING. the quality is really great too especially for a 15. so its the only one of the two ive heard so thats what i recommend lol. good luck man!

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hard to keep up with what company does what now. Most amp products are made in china or korea / over seas now. If the amps are not made here then some of the parts are imported so its hard to say as some are shady lol.
Subs on the other hand can be built in the usa like Digital designs etc and others..
My point is do not worry about where it is made but worry about the quality of parts being used. Just do research or ask if you want to know if a product is good.

Those AQ subs are badass, at one time I was going to go with the 12" AQ instead of the RE but I got a better deal on the RE.

Those kicker amps are fine as long as you don't pay to much for them. On ebay they are affordable if you look.

DD,sundown audio,memphis,Rockford Fosgate bd series,old school orions,kicker,JL, etc the list goes on are all good.

How does the HDC3 stack up to the DD 9510 or the 3510 ? I havent been in the car audio scene in years. I cant even remember the names of the forums that I used to be a regular on. I had a RF 1501bd pushing my 15'' XXX then I sold the XXX for two 12'' Atomic APSPL's those were pretty loud subs just off 750w a peice if that.

Basically I will get which ever sub is "louder" I know it all depends on install but im talkign sub for sub at recommend ported box volume. If I cna swing a deal on a 06 or newer model XXX i wouldnt mind one of those beasts either.

Also do you think since my truck has stock electrical I would be better off with a 2000 watt amp or 1500 or 1000 ? I would just like to be able to push the sub to its potential or close too. But being the AQ 2200 is so inexpensive I think it might be the amp to buy wether I can power it or not.

·
Joseph K
2,536 Posts
Go for the Fi BL :read: I have a 10" BL in my underseat ported box that I made with around 1400 watts going to it... shit gets loud as fuck. Everybody is like wtf? when I tell them it's one 10" it's louder than the majority of shit in town lol. Sound quality is awesome too, I love how it keeps up with fast notes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
How does the HDC3 stack up to the DD 9510 or the 3510 ? I havent been in the car audio scene in years. I cant even remember the names of the forums that I used to be a regular on. I had a RF 1501bd pushing my 15'' XXX then I sold the XXX for two 12'' Atomic APSPL's those were pretty loud subs just off 750w a peice if that.

Basically I will get which ever sub is "louder" I know it all depends on install but im talkign sub for sub at recommend ported box volume. If I cna swing a deal on a 06 or newer model XXX i wouldnt mind one of those beasts either.

Also do you think since my truck has stock electrical I would be better off with a 2000 watt amp or 1500 or 1000 ? I would just like to be able to push the sub to its potential or close too. But being the AQ 2200 is so inexpensive I think it might be the amp to buy wether I can power it or not.

The DD or AQ will get louder than the FI BL just depends on install and how much power is going to the subs. All are good subs though. The DD is probably one of the best made subs around but the price is more than you can get for the Audioque. The audioque's are built strong as well and just because some people have never heard about them does not mean they are bad. The audioque copper coil will take about 2000-2500wrms if you know what you are doing. If you get the aluminum coil version you can throw 3000wrms to the hdc3. Best bang for your buck is AQ people just don't know.

Since you have stock electrical like I said you can get the aq 2200d but you can set the amp to push out less power with the gain on the amp. Get a DMM and google gain charts to the power you are wanting and you can set it to whatever you like. For example you can set the gain on the amp to 1400wrms if you wanted to so its a good idea to go ahead and get the bigger amp. Aq 2200 ftw.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That makes great sence man. Now im thinking about a 12'' HDC3 over the 10'' version ? Im going to figure out some box measurements for the two and see what im working with.

I still have to buy a new CD player since my Alpine 9831's RCA's are not working right. Not sure if I want to go with Alpine again or not.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That makes great sence man. Now im thinking about a 12'' HDC3 over the 10'' version ? Im going to figure out some box measurements for the two and see what im working with.

I still have to buy a new CD player since my Alpine 9831's RCA's are not working right. Not sure if I want to go with Alpine again or not.
Look into the PIONEER DEH-P4000UB or 4100UB they can be found anywhere even at local electronic stores $160-$170 has all inputs, sub output,usb,4 volt pre outs, bluetooth capable and is a single din. P4000UB That's what I have.

The Pioneer DEH-P5100UB is another model to look at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For a daily woofer, as far as can get loud, and sound great at the same time I would say the Fi SSD. From what I remember Scott(owner of Fi) was running the SSD model in his own personal car, because of this. I would say 2 12" SSD off of the DDM1a which is also the AQ1200.(same board)

What year model is your truck and do you have interior shot of it by chance or pics similar to it?

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Look into the PIONEER DEH-P4000UB or 4100UB they can be found anywhere even at local electronic stores $160-$170 has all inputs, sub output,usb,4 volt pre outs, bluetooth capable and is a single din. P4000UB That's what I have.

The Pioneer DEH-P5100UB is another model to look at.
WOW dude! the DEH 5100UB is exactly what deck i was looking into getting. Possibly a week from now im going to buy that since I do need a new deck along with Infinity Refence speakers. Crutchfield is a little higher priced then most but they give you everything under the sun when it comes to installing the product.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For a daily woofer, as far as can get loud, and sound great at the same time I would say the Fi SSD. From what I remember Scott(owner of Fi) was running the SSD model in his own personal car, because of this. I would say 2 12" SSD off of the DDM1a which is also the AQ1200.(same board)

What year model is your truck and do you have interior shot of it by chance or pics similar to it?
Im sure that would make an awesome SQL setup. But im aiming for just 1 sub. The model of my truck is an SLE.

Man im looking for something to put into my truck also its such a hard decision.. i would like to keep backs seats i just dont know what would be good for under my seats.
Its easy, do a single sub. Underseat setups are weak IMO. Yea they are hidden and out of the way but ive never been impressed with the output.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts