GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinkin about this and in a couple of days want to have it done. Does anyone know how or what is needed for this? Pics wanted also.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I searched and all i could find was "ultrasuede"
that stuff will fade eventually.

What you need is the real stuff, alcantra (sp?). It is VERY expensive, but does not fade.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I searched and all i could find was "ultrasuede"
Besides fashion and interior design, what else is Ultrasuede® used for?

It would be easier to list the ways Ultrasuede® is NOT used. Today you'll find Ultrasuede® in shoes, hats, bags, luxury autos like Mercedes and Volvo, yachts, airplanes, etc., etc. You'll see it on walls, in high-end jewelry display cases and as part of imaginative craft items far too numerous to list here.

If it's in a Mercedes, how can you go wrong? :crazy:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bcubed said:
Besides fashion and interior design, what else is Ultrasuede® used for?

It would be easier to list the ways Ultrasuede® is NOT used. Today you'll find Ultrasuede® in shoes, hats, bags, luxury autos like Mercedes and Volvo, yachts, airplanes, etc., etc. You'll see it on walls, in high-end jewelry display cases and as part of imaginative craft items far too numerous to list here.

If it's in a Mercedes, how can you go wrong? :crazy:
mercedes :rocking: i've never seen a benz with suede in it though.... I think someone said suede is better durablity wise.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
damn i retract my previous statement... i must go get a suede headliner to make fun of my gf's new suede coach purse... :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
JakobMetzger said:
i dunno im wondering if anyone will reply with some help
Hey, since you're in Houston, try this place. I haven't been there yet but I heard they carry a huge variety of fabrics. There's a couple more sources around town. When I get the info I'll get back with you. I plan to do this tooo...just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Glick Textiles Inc
2327 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77098
(713) 942-8585

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah a local upholstery shop will do the work for you. The place I went to in SOCAL headliners start at 60$ and up. to give you a price to start at. suade is a little more pricey but its totaly worth it. I am a total convert. anything is better than stock tan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts