GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever suede a NBS Ext Cab with a webasto sunroof? I wanna suede mine but the fabric is pulled tight on the rear section and isnt secured to anything except the very back. Its just pulled really really tight.....not sure if its for the glass to slide back or what???? Also would wanna do the sunshade. Just curious if anyone has experience! They quoted me $400 where I got the sunroof at today for synthetic suede LOL.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats how its done usually, when i worked at a sunroof shop we would glue a piece of cardboard to the unit & then glue the fabric to the cardboard so the whole headliner wasn't "floating"
Would the same be done for a suede headliner then with the cardboard? Are the sunshades usually built into the headliner or how does that work? Think Im gunna have my friend and I attempt this cause Im not paying $400 for synthetic suede from where I bought it LOL!

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
to take the sunshade out you gotta take out the glass & the drain tray, then unclip it & take it out thru the roof. not to be a dick but i can guarantee that your gonna fuck up a few times before you get anything close to a "nice" job

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
just have the shop do it:imo

it will cost you more if you fuck up.

ask the shop how much it would cost if you provided the material... you might be able to save some $$$ there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts