GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be picking up a set of SS 20's this week. They should fill up the wheel wells ok, but 'OK' is not good enough.

I'd like a very slight drop. 2/3 max for now. Is there any way to save money on this without sacrificing ride quality? I'd like the Belltech kit but the cheapest I've seen it is $549.

Just looking for some options here :)

Also, anyone have any pics of Tahoe's with a 2/3 drop and 20's?

Thanks in advance,

Cody

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Cody01Tahoe said:
I should be picking up a set of SS 20's this week. They should fill up the wheel wells ok, but 'OK' is not good enough.
Whats the suspension, torsion bars up front and coil springs in back?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
groundscraper said:
The NBS tahoes consist of torsion keys up front and coils out back.
My friend lowerd his Avalanche by turning his torsion bars and cutting his rear coils .. he says it rides every bit as good as it did before, he didn't slam it though, his is the one on 26s.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Yeah some people with torsion bars up front just crank them to lower them. I personally would not cut the coils out back especially if I was going 3".

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
groundscraper said:
Yeah some people with torsion bars up front just crank them to lower them. I personally would not cut the coils out back especially if I was going 3".
Hard to break old habits, back in the day cutting and torching is all we knew how to do :weld:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cody, I lowered mine 3/5 using the DJM kit. It would look good with the SS 20's. That was my original plan. Plans change though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts