GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Redistributing The Wealth
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some HID's for the truck, I think itll really set it off. WOndering if you guys have any suggestions on which brand to go with or where or who I can get them from. ANy experiences with them that have turned out negative like being cheap and burning out (I have heard a couple).

Also if anyone could post the different pics of 6k oposed to 8k or 10k . Maybe a link to a thread or an install guide. Thanks

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
i have 6500K, love them. all i know is that the higher kelvin, the less it lights up the road. thats why car companies go with 4300K, its the closest to daylight.

·
1,847 Posts
I had 6k but was having some problems so I just took them out a few days ago. 6-8k is the way to go. Install is simple especially on your year of truck. It's all plug and play.

·
Weapons
375 Posts
another vote for HIDgate off Ebay, had mine for about 6 moths and they're prefect

·
Pointless Photworks
718 Posts
Any pixorz of 3000Ks or 3500Ks?
I want some of those mean Yellow ones.

I have 8000Ks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have 10,000k on my 91, and 6000k in my lows and fogs on my 99, both sets from HIDGATE and have had no major problems.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Another happy hidgate customer here too. 5000K on my lows an fogs on the Suburban and Saturn.

HID.jpg

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
ive bought about 10 different sets between myself and friends and not a single one of us has had issue. 6000K or 8000K HIDgate lights every time.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Ok, call me an idiot, but why is the top headlight referred to as the low?
It's your low beams (regular headlights) The other one is your high beams (brights)

It has nothing to do with its position on the truck, but where it shines.

Idiot :crazy: Just bustin your balls :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts