GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
Those kinda look shitty to me to be honest, what makes them look better to you than the ssd kit? The suicide doors kit is mega beefy and I wouldn't trust anything else on a full size truck, the autoloc kit looks semi beefy but it's still not up to the ssd.com standards.

That kit doesn't even have any pockets to weld into the jam for structural reinforcement, that thing would flex like a mutha.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they look better visually. I like how the J hinge moves throught the small slot instead of how the Suicide doors kit is. I would be getting the double hinge kit. That steel bar they show between the mounts is a 1/4" plate that you weld to the jam and that provides the reinforcement. Then you can brace more if needed. That makes for a pretty large area to spread the load across. Obviously everything has to be properly braced so you don't end up with a sagging door.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey guys i can not find that web site ssd.com at all so what other is there plz let me know because i am getting ready to buy a set of suicide door hinges for my truck. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts