GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Money Maker
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Magnaflow 12259 yesterday from summit and I am nervous about getting it welded on, I mean, it is tiny and straight through! Are you guys sure this is a quiet muffler? This is my daily driver and I drive 1/2 hour each way on the interstate at 70, with 3.73's so I am concerned about drone.

I do plan to use the stock side exit so hopefully that will help.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have the 18 inch body 24 inch overall (don't know the number) and its too quiet. Way too quiet. I'm going to go with a CB extreme soon I think....

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I dont know how you guys can stand loud ass exhaust. I have a bullet and a 14 inch magnaflow on mine and theres times I am driving it and want to wash my mouth out with a revolver.

·
Money Maker
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ true

My '85 C10 had dual flow 40's dumped before the axle, time I got to work my vision was blurry from the drone

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
I dont know how you guys can stand loud ass exhaust. I have a bullet and a 14 inch magnaflow on mine and theres times I am driving it and want to wash my mouth out with a revolver.
You would have enjoyed my truck with an SLP Loudmouth 1........sounded like a race car.

·
KWB
108 Posts
Thanks to people like you I have a job, Ill see if I can have them make up a bed for you and see if I can get you some left over bread from last week. . . Its still goood.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
fuck all you guys. i unbolted my exhaust from the flange and the bolts were all fucked up and drove 6 hours from san antonio to lubbock. :suicide2:

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
:word:

i have a bullet infront of my corsa touring edition:jester: and it still is TOO loud at WOT

You would have enjoyed my truck with an SLP Loudmouth 1........sounded like a race car.
th_Picture3014.gif

:puke: my buddy's camaro sounds ridiculous with his SLP:imo

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
:word:

i have a bullet infront of my corsa touring edition:jester: and it still is TOO loud at WOT

:puke: my buddy's camaro sounds ridiculous with his SLP:imo
Thats what I should have done is kept my corsa touring and put a bullet in front of it. Even with the touring it was too loud inside at cruise, let alone when I was getting into the throttle more.

and word, my friend has an SLP LoudAss catback on his firebird and it sounds terrible.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Im guessing thats with no cats. lol. and a ory. My friend has a camaro like that. execpt pace setter long tubs and ory pipe with borla exhaust.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
I loved it, I legit NEVER shut my cutout on my pacesetters always drove around with them open. Never bothered me :big_banana_Dance:

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
Thats what I should have done is kept my corsa touring and put a bullet in front of it. Even with the touring it was too loud inside at cruise, let alone when I was getting into the throttle more.

and word, my friend has an SLP LoudAss catback on his firebird and it sounds terrible.
th_Picture248.jpg

mine is extremely quiet from the inside at idle..thats with the volume on one...cruising isn't too bad either especially since its catless.

th_Picture315.jpg

loud at WOT though still...that's from inside the house when my brother was driving it:jester:

345 Posts
I used to have the 18'' Magnaflow with a single exit in front of my right rear tire and it wasnt loud at all during normal driving, just at WOT. Oh, it didnt drone at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts