GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking in to replacing my Belltech spindles with another brand that doesnt push the wheel out. A guy has a set of Summit brand 2" drop spindles and i was wandering if they push the wheels out at all?? Any one used these??

·
Registered
178 Posts
you're trippin. it doesn't move the wheel out at all. Why would you go and replace the Bel Tech spindles with some cheapies? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
you're trippin. it doesn't move the wheel out at all. Why would you go and replace the Bel Tech spindles with some cheapies? Just curious.
werd, just make sure its aligned and you should have no problems, you might lose some turning radius but thats it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, some spindles do push the wheels out more. They are much more prevalent in lift spindles or cheap spindles, but the issue does exist.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
even if some spindles do this, Belltech would not be the ones...

stick with those Belltechs and just go get an alignment

·
TurtlePusher
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been running the Belltechs for a year and a half, it was aligned after the drop. The older Belltechs do push the wheels out. Now they have a new part number that fixes this problem. I would just rather buy a set of used DJM or Summit spindles fromt someone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sac-up and buy new, you never know what those parts have been through. It's not worth savin a couple of bucks. Order them model specific & you know they will fit & work correctly.

1,798 Posts
hey man, get the djm spindles from summit lol, yes the belltechs push the front wheels out on "obs" trucks for the guys who don't know...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read somewhere the summitracing spindles are belltech made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts