GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting a sunroof for my truck, what do you guys think? I heard their are problems with aftermarket ones like they tend to leak a lot, that and they are expensive. Anyone done it to their truck?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Slammedchevy01 did one and it looks awesome. Hopefully he'll chime in with his review since i'm also slightly interested in this :D

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
ADyingDevotion said:
Was thinking about getting a sunroof for my truck, what do you guys think? I heard their are problems with aftermarket ones like they tend to leak a lot, that and they are expensive. Anyone done it to their truck?
I don't think there is a such thing as a factory one, they are all aftermarket .. even the dealerships send their vehicles off to have them installed locally, at least around here.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Yep, I called the dealers and went with who they use....here it was Classic Soft Trim. I got the Webasto/Hollandia 749/790. The largest one they make! I havent washed my truck to see if it leaks, but the shop did a water test on it.....Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an ASC (OEM supplier) unit installed 2 years ago in my Sierra X-cab. ABSOLUTELY no problems whatsoever - leaks, wind noise, need for adjustment. VERY OEM in appearance and operation. It's a electric slider with tilt and (opt.) auto close feature.

Installed locally by a trim shop, it ran me around $1200 and included 2 illumintated switch panels and sliding sunshade. Can post a pic or 2 if anyone would like to see.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Webasto/Hollandia has lifetime warranty on parts unlike ASC :ninja: :crazy:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
Webasto/Hollandia has lifetime warranty on parts unlike ASC :ninja: :crazy:
:word: I got a Webasto/Hollandia installed in my Tahoe over 2 years ago. I've not had one single problem. Fit and finish is great and looks like OEM.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
SIN said:
:word: I got a Webasto/Hollandia installed in my Tahoe over 2 years ago. I've not had one single problem. Fit and finish is great and looks like OEM.
Yeaaaaaa :rocking: Washed mine and no leaks or drips at all :shake: Fit and finish is excellent, and the shop were I got it was cool also :shake: Has more features then factory sunroofs also

1 - 14 of 14 Posts