GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL...
Sup Guys, just wanted to intro. myself real quick...
Been tuning Classic Muscle and Imports since I was 14yrs. old with my pops....
Certified Mechanic by the time I was 18 and I've always wanted a Chevy/GMC truck.... So.... I recently picked up a 98' GMC Sierra Standard Cab V6 SL. Love the truck and having a lot of fun with it... already had a 3" body lift, 33x12.5R15 Maxxis 751 Tires that barely clear... I need to get new shocks, and bushing and then do a alignment on the truck...but before I do, I've been trying to research a swap for 6 lug conversion.... I have the 5 lug 5x5(5x127) and it's impossible to find rims. I need to size the rims up so that tires are easier to find as well....any help there to a link on the forum would be awesome... Mods I love to do.... hope to make new friends and turn my truck to something memerialble

·
Insert Custom User Title
43 Posts
Nor Cal > So Cal :b
Nice, welcome fellow new guy!

·
Registered
456 Posts
welcome to the site.

Now please dont take any offence to my suggestion but before you drop a ton of coin on this truck why dont you consider a sell and upgrade. Right now you are thinking you wanna upgrade the hubs (which I have no idea about) next your goona ask about swapping in a v8 etc etc. We see it here all the time. On an older truck it is just easier to hold off and purchase a truck with the options you want rather than do all sorts of work to try make it what you want.

Now that goes out the door if the truck you have is in really good shape, has sentimental value, you wanna go over and above what the factory had to offer (SAS, big block etc.) or you just like doing lots of work and investing tons of cash.

Really the decision is yours to do what you wanna do but so often we see guys come in here and ask "how do I put lipstick on a pig?" Now again I am not putting down your truck in any way, I sure its a great truck. Just if you have all sorts of great plans start with what will get you the results you really want instead of spending tons of cash to make an average truck.

·
2wd-RazorbackChevy
1,888 Posts
Welcome from Guantanamo Bay :wave:

You'll love this place! The people are great (with the exception of a few lol) and your truck will love this place even more than you! HOWEVER, your wallet will hate you :crazy:

pics of truck?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Welcome lets see some pictures

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the warm welcome....(Man I miss being apart of a group that share the same interests..... I'll try to get pics up tomorrow or so..(Maybe after a wash..lol...So stay tuned....

Zach: I'm from N. Orange County

2WD RazorBackChevy: I deff know what you mean, but you can't stop loving it...the wallet some how always finds a way hahahaha

Club: I understand where your coming from, but maybe you didn't read my entire post.... I come from "fixing up" cars (mostly), but sometimes no matter how much info you try to dig up, you just can't find it, unless you find someone with more knowledge then you...that's how people learn and how we grow as humans...to share knowledge, cuz after all, "knowledge is power".... Your right in the sense that instead of throwing money away on an OBS that I should save and get a NBS, but wouldn't you agree, whether its a OBS or an NBS everybody here is spending there hard earned money to "upgrade" their trucks to there personality, after all, a stock car/truck is no fun....wouldn't you agree, or you wouldn't be here doing the same thing the rest of us are....
You'll see, I only ask questions about crucial specifications I can't find on my own...like the 5~6 lug swap, which isn't hard on the wallet, especially because i'm from so. cali, and we got junk yards up the yin yang so the cost to buy the parts.....let's just say i'm not a child working at McDonald's....Engine swap? Way to easy...I was swapping Integra motors into civics and blowing motors cuz I was playing with turbo custom installs before "ANYBODY" knew what import tuning was...Thanks for your concern, I do appreciate it.... Don't worry though...I'm a fast learner:)

·
Registered
456 Posts
your goona fit right in .. welcome:head:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts