Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who sells one for the NBS? thanks in advanc

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if no one else makes one and AIM actually fits the frame Ill buy it, its going to be welded in anyway... i dont see how they could fuck up that right?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
What is so difficult about making the notch on your own? If you have metal stock and a welder. Or having a local fab shop make a beefy one for you? BTW IDK shit about notches.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is so difficult about making the notch on your own? If you have metal stock and a welder. Or having a local fab shop make a beefy one for you? BTW IDK shit about notches.
i probably could, im just thinkin it be easier this way... ive been practicing welding alot, i got it pretty down pat, and cant wait to get my notch and frame all boxed in. then comes the 4link :evil:

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
I would just make one out of some 2x4 1/4 wall and either plate the outside joints or do it from the inside of the stock. but as far as NBS notches I havent seen any. You could always use a 8 pcs notch kit, but damn do they stuck to install! and kinda look ugly.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea I need it under the bed and love the look of the super c-notchs, ill prob just use 1/4" 2x2 tubing and 1/4" flat steel, and then im using prob 3/16" to box the frame, or 1/8" not sure yet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Why not buy our 8 piece step notch kit that is designed to follow the contours of the NBS trucks. It's made from 3/16 mild steel and CNC press broke to match the curves. Then all you would need to do is shorten the notch so it lays along the trucks bed floor and you're ready to roll.

It would look something like this with the curve.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its seems as tho i would get as much cleanance with that vs. a 2x2 1/4" tubing on top

·
Registered
415 Posts
You would but then what do you do for side plates, and center section. Sometimes it's nice to take the time to buy the material and build a notch yourself. But on the NBS the frame has a contour just in front of the axle which might throw some people a curve ball.
If you want to do it yourself it wount hurt my feelings. I was just trying to offer you a notch that's already designed and made for your truck that could save you time and effort.

Good luck with the project which ever road you take. just make sure it's on the correct side of the road, and the wheels are down.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I recommend the KP notch....I have one under the bed and a 10" sitting in my garage waiting to be installed!

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
I recommend the KP notch....I have one under the bed and a 10" sitting in my garage waiting to be installed!
any pics man? this is the route im going.The only thing im not doing myself is the notch.I got a buddy that builds monster trucks doing it and that mofo can weld.I just need a couple pics for him. hook a 209 native up!

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any pics

kontrol phreaks, thats for the insight, i was more plannin on gettin a made super cnotch, but I guess no one has one anymore. I might just have to buy the KP one. whats the thickness of the top cross peice anyway?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts