GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay im going to get my new lift put on next week 12 inch fts with 3 inch body. Im deciding what tire i want right now. Ether super swaper tsl/sx 39.5/15 or the trxus sts 39.5/15. WHich to would you choose between these two thanks. Ill post some pics soon to when its done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
well what are you wanting out of the tires? those are two totally different tires. i like both just depends on what you want from them.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Neither, if you are driving mainly on the street get some mtz's or toyos. I can't speak for the tsl's but the sts's I have seen wear horribly

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
out of those 2 tsl SX hands down. Its a bias tire and wont last long on the road but thats my .02

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need decent millage out of both of these, ANy other 40 or above in a 17 inch rim.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
shit
40x17 groundhawgs or gumbo mudders
from what i hear they pull hard and wear like steel

but out of them TSL/SX, even though i dont see much mileage bein got outa them

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
SX's are a offroad oriented tire that does not drive well on the road - you would hate them. Get something thats a radial for a street driven truck. The STS is the most road friendly swamper your going to get in that size and you even hear people complaining about them...

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
too bad a 39.5 SX doesnt exist

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
don't run sts's, they give your truck a pussy look becuase they are, well...pussy tires
that man speaks the truth... oh and you could get a toyo in 38x15.50, it wouldnt be near as bad on your truck then too... also they ride like giant car tires! The MTZ's also come in a 38x15.50

you could also get a radial Claw in a 40x13.50x18, but its probably the most expensive thing ive ever hear of!!!! they want $612 a piece for them at nationaly tire and wheel... :bawl:

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My bad ment tsl, i dont kno were i got that from but yea. 600 a tire is a little crazy, going to 38s is not that much bigger then i have on it right know tho, so there would not really be a big up or anything. So goes most you leaning towards the TSL i just need millage dont really care how they ride or anything lol, just need something thats not going to wear out in 10k.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would run the IROks but evey one says they are really skinny any one kno about these in that size. they make a 42 inch that measers like 41 or so but think that will be to big.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts