GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, once again im asking advice on pro streeting my truck, Ok, i want to find a 540 block preferarably a shortblock, and build it to its maximum potential for adding a huge blower ....how big ya ask....a BDS 14-71. In another post i asked about converting my auto tranny shifter from the column to the floor....but would it be a better idea if i just went the route of a Muncie M-22 4 spd manual. or a richmond 6 spd. manual...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
hello, once again im asking advice on pro streeting my truck, Ok, i want to find a 540 block preferarably a shortblock, and build it to its maximum potential for adding a huge blower ....how big ya ask....a BDS 14-71. In another post i asked about converting my auto tranny shifter from the column to the floor....but would it be a better idea if i just went the route of a Muncie M-22 4 spd manual. or a richmond 6 spd. manual...
Unless you build the engine yourself you are gonna have to change out the pistons .. you could get a 502 crate motor and get some blower pistons and have them installed ... Big superchargers need low compression bottom ends.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
lots of boost. u should be fine with 8.1 comp, with ALL forged bottom end. if your prostreeting your truck, i would consider a 2 speed powerglide transmission with a transbrake. it will hold lots of power while being extremely consistant at the track. plus you can stay in first gear around town..just my .02

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
talked to TCI and they said for their ratios, they go by your stall, and rear end ratios, but the ones they use are
low gear, 1.76, 1.82, 1.89, 1.96, 2.03, 2.11, and for high gear they are all direct drive, or 1:1 ratio

1 - 10 of 10 Posts