GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
drive it like u stole it
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good supercharger for my 2004 5.3 1500 Sierra? I was thinking Whipple, what are your opinions on that brand, and what kind of money are we talking about? I take any suggestions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yea I have been looking for a supercharger for my 04 scsb 5.3 to. But does anyone know if there is a place out there that will finance a superchager. Cause I cant go throu a bank now that I have my new truck finaced thout it.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
RADIX!!! nuff said, but if you want something a little bit cheaper, i would go witha procharger. just my .02

·
Registered
520 Posts
Definitely Radix (uninstalled usually seen around $5-6K). That's what I want to do, but the price! :insane:
Credit card is itchin' for one... :bawl:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I'd either put it on a credit card or go get a loan :D

I don't know anyone that will directly finance a supercharger.

Cameron

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
some banks have automotive improvement loans, but they are far and few between, plus you have to have excellent credit...

if your looking for brand i say Radix, and if your loking for a knowledgeable vendor i say Brian at Project R. :read:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to be getting the whipple for my 03 5.3l (found it online for $3600), but they don't currently have an intercooler for it. Not a custom one anyway. I considered going with the Radix (cause it has an intercooler with it, but it doesn't post any better hp/tq increases than the whipple) and the Radix was $5150.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Remember "posted" HP gains are one thing. I have installed and driven both whipple and radix trucks. The radix is the way to go hands down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts