GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have been saving up some money an I am trying to decide what I want to buy. I know I can get a nitrous kit for under $500 but I am not sure if I really want nitrous, an I would like a supercharger but they cost so much. An I have heard that you can get more power from Nitrous, but Im just not to sure what to do. So here are my question, just tel me what yal think or would do?

1. Witch one will give me the best overal HP?
2. Witch one will cause less stress an damege to the engine?
3. How much time can I knock off in the 1/4 with nitrous vs a supercharger?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
nitrous is actually easier on your motor when used in proper amounts, becuase it is not used all the time like a blower. if you cant really afford the blower, i would setup a nice nitrous system. would be alot of fun :head:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
DemoN said:
The prblem with that is most of the time it is not used properly.
but thats human error(or ignorance) not the product itself

another thing, how many nitrous bottle fill ups would it take to equal the price of a blower :crazy:?

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
it costs about 45 dollars from jegs to get a bottle filled. the problem with nitrous is that it makes peak power at top dead center and acually tries to turn the crank BACKWARDS, where as a blower makes peak power at about 20-30 degrees off of top dead center, so a blower is easier on your engine. but nitrous is less expensive, till u need to get the bottle filled all the time.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
turbo! hehe, no stress on the engine til it spools up, better traction on take offs, and when you go, you go! :ninja: :head:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
04HEMI said:
turbo! hehe, no stress on the engine til it spools up, better traction on take offs, and when you go, you go! :ninja: :head:
ssshhh will, i want a turbo, not anybody else on here......j/k

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
much better Will,

but seriously, boost is the most efficient way to go. it can be a supercharger or turbo. for the track, they will keep you very efficient and consistant time slips. BUT dont get me wrong, nitrous is more fun IMO, when the power hits it slams you in the back and feels like somebody is just pushing you down the track. I would do anything to increase power.

Right now, im am filling n2o bottles, but only until i can afford to finish my turbo setup. Its really your pick IMO because none of them will prolong the life of your driveline. just my .02

Dan

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
Is it possible to shoot NO into a blown engine? dont superchargers replace the whole manifold? Dan, what is ur truck lowered? It looks sweet! Jake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts