GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang ..

im just curious and i mean curious .. i own a 5.3 NNBS 2009 and im looking around at superchargers .. is there anyone out there with anything on their trucks ? which supercharger is recommended ? issues with any ? the whole 9 yards u guys anything that might help .

Joe

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Procharger makes a system for your truck. I think Magnacharger is currently working on a NNBS system.

·
Your Neighborhood Jeweler
1,166 Posts
the system for Magnacharger should already be out and IMO that will be the best out of the box turn key system out there. I have one on my TBSS and if I were able to keep my damn foot out of it the street manners are just like it was when stock. Its the best kit out there and if I were you I would get on performancetrucks.net and talk to LeftCoast32 (Joe) as he is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to FI and he can also hook you up with a kickass deal on a maggie unit.

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
Where do you want your power? Low end or mid-range/top end? Figure out what your intended use will be for so you will receive input that pertains to your situation.

I personally have a ProCharger kit. It works well for my application and provides nice mid range boost when it kicks in & pulls hard all the way to redline from there.

A MagnaCharger, Radix, or Whipple would have been great as well for a daily driver/towing applications. However, none of these companies make a kit for the old L31 as they have been discontinued.

As long as you have an intercooler set-up, you will be fine running up to 9psi without detonation. Generally, speaking of course.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Build your transmission and rear end first. :read:
not even thinkng off touching that part for now . plus will i really need it .. Daily driving and low boost .. maybe when i become a boostaholic then i might consider , ive seen people that didnt even touch those parts yet .

alot of RGV guys allready have maggies....thats my dream too
dreams do come true someday , and what the hell are u waiting for

Where do you want your power? Low end or mid-range/top end? Figure out what your intended use will be for so you will receive input that pertains to your situation.

I personally have a ProCharger kit. It works well for my application and provides nice mid range boost when it kicks in & pulls hard all the way to redline from there.

A MagnaCharger, Radix, or Whipple would have been great as well for a daily driver/towing applications. However, none of these companies make a kit for the old L31 as they have been discontinued.

As long as you have an intercooler set-up, you will be fine running up to 9psi without detonation. Generally, speaking of course.
i want to be inthe daily driver mode , i wont be taking her to strips/tracks etc , just want her to have balls and when i say balls i mean that Whine from the s/c , alot of friends got radix's on their NBS's and they have never been so happy . procharger kit is also a nice kit but from what i heard it bleeds ur engine till the last drop , ( aggressive and not recommended for daily use )

i want a Supercharger and i have no idea what to pick , is there anyone out there with a full kit , does magnacharger have a full kit out .. ???

Procharger makes a system for your truck. I think Magnacharger is currently working on a NNBS system.
i HEARD that they came out with one already ..

And i was thinking about some Dynatechs to go along with this setup.

Joe

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Yes you need to do at least something for your transmission :read:

I think you're giving your 4L60E too much credit. Is this a DD?

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
i want to be inthe daily driver mode , i wont be taking her to strips/tracks etc , just want her to have balls and when i say balls i mean that Whine from the s/c , alot of friends got radix's on their NBS's and they have never been so happy . procharger kit is also a nice kit but from what i heard it bleeds ur engine till the last drop , ( aggressive and not recommended for daily use )

i want a Supercharger and i have no idea what to pick , is there anyone out there with a full kit , does magnacharger have a full kit out .. ???
It sounds like you have a good baseline of roots/twin screw chargers since you have friends with them. At least you know what to expect.

Centrifugals, like ProCharger & Vortech may be a different story. Have you considered a turbo set-up?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Truckin magazine done an install of a supercharger on an NNBS truck recently thats step by step. If I remember correctly it was a Procharger system.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
You should definitely UnLeash your truck.

:crazy:

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
Well, whoever told you that is a fuckin moron.
Did you see that most of his friends have Maggies......I wouldn't doubt that they told him that.

·
OBS 4X4 HOE!
179 Posts
lol, true. The Magnacharger owners are like a cult.
Not much love for me at PT.net. Whipples get more respect than ProCharger does. :hmm:

They are all great systems, it all just depends on $$$, application, & availability for your vehicle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts