GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Silverado 4X4. I am looking at lifting it after I graduate next May. I know its a long time away but want to do it right. I do not want to go larger than 35's. From what I have found the Superlift FIT looks like a good lift but I also just got turned onto the Rough Country. Does any one have one, either the X or EX. I really like the tb's staying out of site. But am unsure about the angles especially with the EX. Sorry for the long post but any reviews would be great. Also would like to see a pic of the CV angles with them.

Mike

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
procomp or the RC lift. dropping x-members is ugly.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,779 Posts
I would go with the X kit. I was gonna get one myself but they have been discontinued for about a month or two. When I called them they were redesigning them to include hiem steering. I wouldn't hesitate to get one were I you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I really want the tbars out of site so I am leaning toward rough country. But i dont trust any cv's at such a steep angle.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
I really like the idea of the EX kit, but i have yet to see anyone running it. High angle CV shafts definately sounds like a good idea, but... i've never seen it in person. Nobody on here has one either as far as I know. A couple of guys have the X kit though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rough Country X kit with Cognito steering parts. Very nice setup, great clearance and Cognito stuff is top notch! Make sure and use anti-seize on the skid plate allen bolts though. Mine became very "attached" to the crossmember.
Superlift FIT kit sure looks nice though. I was going to buy that about the time the X kit came out. Of course, had to try the "latest and greatest"
Can't go wrong with either in my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts