GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this lift? Is anybody running it? I was reading about it awhile back in a couple magazines and I was wondering what you guys think of it...Pro's/Con's and whatnot vs. all the other kits out there. I dont wanna go huge with my truck, just big enough to run 35's. I think the truck at the bottom of their page is perfect and what I would like mine to look like...

http://www.superlift.com/products/chevy/fit.asp

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe in 4wheelpartswholesalers sells it for $1400...but for some reason, its not on their website...just in there mag "Offroad Adventures"

I was told by the local dealer near me, the kit I would like (with 5" Springs and Bilstein Shocks) bumps it up to $1750

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Personally I wouldnt touch it, I havnt seen a single IFS product superlift makes that I like. Their 6-8" lift is trash.

·
6,656 Posts
ill back it any day of the week. Look at their lift next to a procomp or something and you will just laugh at the superlift one. Their lift for the new fords is just sa bad, i saw it in person and couldnt belive someone would sell that. The welds look like a 12 year old did them and the bracing isnt even fully welded! it looks more like a demo than a actual lift kit!

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
My lift is trash :crazy: its held up fine, i wouldn't buy it without kicker braces and the skidplate package though. I agree that that both the procomp 5" and the superlift 5" are pretty stupid lift kits in general...

For you Z71 Edge i would recomend RCD or Rancho if you like the look of that truck in the picture, You will be much happier with the shocks that come with that package, and for rim size i would get 16x8's and a 315x75 r16 tire of your choice (the ones pictured are BFG Mud-Terrains). :head:

·
6,656 Posts
Im not trying to offend anyone that has a superlift, just from seeing almost every 6" ifs lift in person and inspecting them closely the superlift is by far the cheapest built. The trailmaster is even a better design!

Superlift is in a ton of parts which makes it weak, it uses thin metal and very little bracing, some of the joints arnt even fully welded, not to mention the welds are over all low quality welds. The steering geometry also is a bit funky.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup, I'll stand up with DE in response to SL being a crappy build design..... I had numerous problems with my SL kit and will never buy another product they make....

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for you inputs. I'll look more into the RCD and Rancho lifts. I wasn't to familiar with all the IFS kits that are out. I've done (helped out) 2 lifts before in my life, one was on a Dodge 1500 and the other was on a 91 F-150...neither had IFS and neither were "Superlift". Both actually happened to be Skyjacker. By the looks of it, I dont think I want to tackle the IFS kits that are out for our trucks.

As far as the rim/tire combo, for now im just going to run 285's on my stock rims. But eventually after I get the lift, I'd like to run 315/75's on a 17x8" Mountain Crusher rims. I'll post some pictures of my truck once I figure out how to upload them off my "digi". Thanks again guys, I appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Z71Edge said:
Thanks guys for you inputs. I'll look more into the RCD and Rancho lifts. I wasn't to familiar with all the IFS kits that are out. I've done (helped out) 2 lifts before in my life, one was on a Dodge 1500 and the other was on a 91 F-150...neither had IFS and neither were "Superlift". Both actually happened to be Skyjacker. By the looks of it, I dont think I want to tackle the IFS kits that are out for our trucks.

As far as the rim/tire combo, for now im just going to run 285's on my stock rims. But eventually after I get the lift, I'd like to run 315/75's on a 17x8" Mountain Crusher rims. I'll post some pictures of my truck once I figure out how to upload them off my "digi". Thanks again guys, I appreciate your thoughts.

well you got a problem if you want to run your stock wheels because they will not work on a spindle type lift like RCD. Lift your truck right with a full drop kit!!!! Get a CST kit.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah, I didn't mean that I'm going to run my stock rims with the lift. I mean I'm going to run my stock rims w/ 285's for now...once i get the lift, i'm going to run 315's on 17x8's

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
The RCD is a very nice lift and hasnt failed me yet. The stone crushers look sweet you cant go wrong with those.

·
Registered
36 Posts
KoTToN said:
The RCD is a very nice lift. The stone crushers look sweet you cant go wrong with those.
Yup! IMO do a "heart to heart" with yourself and figure out if 6"/35s is ALL you want. I thought that was all I wanted and when I saw my truck finished, the first thing I said to my bud was "I thought it was going to be bigger and I need more lift!" Just something to think about cause 4 months later I got ready to put a Cognito 10"-12" kit in before I lost my job.....

·
LIKE WHOA!!!
584 Posts
my local 4wd said they usually hate superlift, and if im not mistaken, he said he just tried to put this on a new truck, and he actually loved the lift. if you want, you can call Christ at Hill 4wd and talk to him about it. 805-544-7039. Tell him Ryan from A & R Welding sent you.

·
Registered
832 Posts
SouthernZ71 said:
Yup, I'll stand up with DE in response to SL being a crappy build design..... I had numerous problems with my SL kit and will never buy another product they make....

Weren't all your probs do to a bad install? I thought it was torqued wrong and that is why it popped and creaked. If that is the case how can you say its such a crappy kit?

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SouthernZ71 said:
Yup! IMO do a "heart to heart" with yourself and figure out if 6"/35s is ALL you want.
Well, I've been thinking about it since before I even bought my truck. After being in a couple lifted NBS trucks and all my buddy's big rigs, the 6" and 35's is all i really want. The way I figured is that if I end up not satisfied with it, then once its paid off, out comes the IFS and i'll do an SFA conversion :head2:. But for as little that I go offroad right now, the 6" and 35's will be perfect...definently stick out alot more than the other NBS trucks around. By the way, got my new pics uploaded from the digi if ya wanna check em out...

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5795

·
Registered
36 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
Weren't all your probs do to a bad install? I thought it was torqued wrong and that is why it popped and creaked. If that is the case how can you say its such a crappy kit?
Yeah, when I brought it to SL they said it was a "bad install job and certain things were too tight other weren't tight enough".... After I left the popping was gone...(which was the case the 3-4 times I brought it to my install guy)

The guy that bought my truck called me a couple months ago and asked whether I had any problems with the lift kit. I gave him the complete run down and told him it was brought to SL and they said everything was fixed...he's now battling it out with them...

Either way, bad install or whatever...it's still a bad design (ie. too many pieces) and I stand by not buying anything from SL again with that design...

·
2,451 Posts
SouthernZ71 said:
Yeah, when I brought it to SL they said it was a "bad install job and certain things were too tight other weren't tight enough".... After I left the popping was gone...(which was the case the 3-4 times I brought it to my install guy)

The guy that bought my truck called me a couple months ago and asked whether I had any problems with the lift kit. I gave him the complete run down and told him it was brought to SL and they said everything was fixed...he's now battling it out with them...

Either way, bad install or whatever...it's still a bad design (ie. too many pieces) and I stand by not buying anything from SL again with that design...

hey chuck, long time no see. so the guy who bought you truck is haveing problems with the SL again?

·
Registered
36 Posts
snigbertese said:
hey chuck, long time no see. so the guy who bought you truck is haveing problems with the SL again?
What's going on!

Not really sure. From what he described it sounded like the steering shaft popping. However he brought it to a dealer and they said it wasn't the shaft and was something else in the front end.... He didn't want to pay the high fee of letting them find the problem, so he contacted me and said he was going to contact SL...... we haven't talked since...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts