GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here ever dealt with or used Superlift? I am ordering my 2007 Silverado RCLB 2WD Z71 package and want to lift it/level it. I had seen that superlift offers 2 leveling kits.

A 1.25" leveling that uses a pre-load ring, I assume kinda like a daystar spacer, and then they also offer a 2.5" front kit (which is what I am considering) that usesthe factory coil springs onto a new superlift coilover shock bodies.

And then they also offer the 1.5" or 2" blocks for the rear. I like a little bit of rake so I would most likely go with the 2.5" front lift and a block in the back. Not really wanting to go with much larger tires, but maybe a size larger.

just really wanted to hear anybodies experience with superlift and how the larger coilovers work.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Do not get the preload ring, it will make your truck ride rough. If i were you, i would not get the superlift leveling kit that replaces the shock. Get the skyjacker levling kit. Its a billet spacer that bolts to the top of the factory coilover and does not affect ride at all. I'm running that kit and have had no problems at all so far. :imo

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the info, I'll have to look up the skyjacker kit. I had just seen the Superlift kit so thats why I was asking.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Either way, it's going to ride rough. The reason being you will loose wheel travel either way.

Using an aftermarket coil-over will "push" the a-arms down, closer to the droop stops. You'll get 2.5" of lift, but you'll also be 2.5" closer to the droop stop and basically have no droop travel. You'll still have compression, but you'll loose wheel travel overall. Aftermarket coilovers also tend to have a stiffer spring rate... which I like, but other people might not like the stiffer spring rate.

Using a coilover spacer does the same thing. It "pushes" the a-arms down, creating lift. You run into the same problem, because you basically loose what little droop travel you had. Your spring rate will stay the same though, since you're reusing your stock coilovers. I don't like this though, because the truck will feel bouncy when you loose all of your droop travel and keep your stock spring rate. All of your compression travel will be bouncy.

The spacer is the cheaper route and will make your truck feel a little bouncy.
The coilovers are the more expensive route and will make your truck feel a little stiff.

Spindles are probably the best option... you keep the stock spring rates and don't loose any wheel travel.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I lost a little bit of wheel travel, not much. Somehow the 2" lift spacers are only 1" long and you swap the left strut with the right strut and vice versa. I didn't notice a change in ride quality. No noticable difference like there is with cranking the torsion bars in a torsion bar suspension.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yep, 1" spacers will give you about 2" of lift. It's like a scissor (sp?) acting on the a-arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts