GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to lift my truck this month and I am either getting the superlift 6 or the FTS 7 inch lift. Or possibly the superlift 8 but more likely the FTS if I go taller.

I like the superlift 6 lift with the bilstein shock option and that they offer leaf springs instead of blocks. I can get the 6 inch superlift kit for the same price as the FTS kit with the adjustable 7-9 inch bilstein shocks in the front.

Which kit do you guys think is better?

I am wanting to fit the moto metal 962 either the 20x12 on a 33x12.50 or if I can afford it the 22x14 on a 33 or a 35.

I just need to know what exactly do I need to fit the 22x14s...If I go that route do I need the FTS 7 with the shocks set at 9? Does that clear the 22x14 or would I need a body lift? Or would the 8 inch superlift kit fit them. Is the superlift 8 inch kit smaller than the FTS 7?

Sorry I really want the 22x14s but I don't want to break the bank.

Thanks a ton, I really just don't want to get the wrong stuff since this is my first lifted truck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply but fabtech only has small lift kits and my opinion a lot less for your money when superlift is cheaper for bilstein shocks and rear leaf springs lol.

And cognito is 1000 more than either FTS or Superlift.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Fabtech 6" is exact same as fts 7" and superlift 8" aswell as McGaughy 7". All 4 almost identical other than front box design. Like posted in other thread. 9-10" for x14s an 35s

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fabtech 6" is exact same as fts 7" and superlift 8" aswell as McGaughy 7". All 4 almost identical other than front box design. Like posted in other thread. 9-10" for x14s an 35s
Im just curious how you clear 22x14 on 35s? I think you posted that you had a FTS 7 with a 1.25 body lift that equals 8.25 inches? So why wouldn't the superlift 8 inch work with some trimming?

Sorry don't mean to make anyone mad I have searched this forum a ton maybe im not navigating the site correctly, sorry im terrible with computers and this is my first forum I have joined.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you need to trim Bruce? One more question why do a ton of people run FTS is there a reason or do they just like that FTS stamped in that front piece lol

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
FTS makes good lifts and they are fairly cheap.

·
METTALIKATT
4,922 Posts
Mcgaughys and fts 7" are actually both 7.5-7.75 of true lift, and you can get around 2 more inches out of crank on nbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Im just curious how you clear 22x14 on 35s? I think you posted that you had a FTS 7 with a 1.25 body lift that equals 8.25 inches? So why wouldn't the superlift 8 inch work with some trimming?

Sorry don't mean to make anyone mad I have searched this forum a ton maybe im not navigating the site correctly, sorry im terrible with computers and this is my first forum I have joined.
The 4 kits I listed are pretty much identical. Just advertised differently. Why I dunno. And no I didn't trim

·
stompin' it.
179 Posts
Similar here. I have a 7" FTS, set at 9" up front... No block. And I clear my 20x14s and 35s. Slight cutting needed on inner fender plastics.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pulling the trigger this week on my lift and wheels. I decided to go with the 20x12 moto metal 962 -44 offset with 33x12.50 tires.

http://www.customwheeloffset.com/wh...er-aggressive-3-suspension-lift-6-custom-rims

My main question is how much lift do I need to clear those?

Is the 6 inch superlift enough to clear the 20x12s wrapped in 33s, without trimming?

The 6 inch superlift is the kit I really want to go with .

Thanks

·
Registered
876 Posts
Go 16" fts with 24x14s puss.

But if I were you I'd do x14s while you have the chance.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Is the 6 inch superlift enough to clear the 20x12s wrapped in 33s, without trimming?

The 6 inch superlift is the kit I really want to go with .

Thanks
NO. I had to trim plastic to clear 20x10s and 33x12.50s with the Superlift 6". Go with the 8" and a 1" TGC spacer just to be safe.

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
I would definitely go with FTS. I have lifted several trucks with their kit and put 33s on 20x12s with zero clearance issues. You don't have to add a spacer or trim a thing. Bolt on FTS kit and enjoy.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
What pat said .. buncha fts nutswingers on here
It is a good product, very available and not terribly expensive. Erik and I choose to use FTS because we can swing by anytime and get great customer service and parts as we need. No nut swinging here. :kiss:

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
It is a good product, very available and not terribly expensive. Erik and I choose to use FTS because we can swing by anytime and get great customer service and parts as we need. No nut swinging here. :kiss:

how fucking stupid are you. Conflicting statement number 1

Y'all choose FTS because you know the guy, and he gets you deals to shove it down peoples dry throats.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts