GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i decided that im going to get two supper 44s dumped on my 2500hd. the ones they sell at autozone are 2.5 inlet. i THINK mine is a 3. is it hard to clamp on there with a coupling? will it still sound and do the same as if it was welded?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yours is 2.75" aka 70mm. IMO, just go up as car as you can to the one cat and Y it down to a single 3" pipe. You'll like the increase in midrange torque.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
so get a y to a single 3 and the one supper 44?

Yup, the stock true duals are just far too large and no one seems to have a reason why the hell they were installed aside from maybe the use of the 8.1 trucks.

There are better muffs than the Flowmaster, but if you dig the tone and such go for it. All muffs are going to basically make the same noise and power. I love Hooker Aerochambers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i have always liked the flows lol so do you think it will be hard to do a y into a single then the muff? can i do it with just couplings and clams? will it be the same as welding it? THANKS A LOT BROTHA

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
yea i have always liked the flows lol so do you think it will be hard to do a y into a single then the muff? can i do it with just couplings and clams? will it be the same as welding it? THANKS A LOT BROTHA
Have it welded :imo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah I'd spend the few extra bux and weld it, clamps rust eventually unless you get high dollar ones and then you're at the same price as just welding it.

Get the pipe dumped past the rear axle if you want to be able to hear.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mk i just went out and got it tom i will weld a Y pipe into a single to the muff and a dump. hopes its loud

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i ended up getting dual mufflers beacuse everywhere i went they did not have a Y pipe or its was really pricey, so i went ahead and got dual super 44s sumped before the axel, the tone is very nice IMO but not as loud as i though it would be, but then again i had straight pipe for a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didnt like my super 44 quieter than my buddies super 40 just wierd tone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts