GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm thinking about either trading in my Tahoe or trying to sell it and getting my wife a new truck (1/2 ton CC 2WD) and had a couple questions, since I've never bought a new truck before....

What are the current promotions going on? Rebates? Financing?

What is supplier pricing? My credit union participates in a deal with GM dealers for Supplier Pricing, but how much is that off MSRP? It says it can be combined with any promotional offer....

Thanks for the help, I've never bought a new truck from a dealer before, don't know how it works :D

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" Low straight forward pricing " :crazy:
:lol: Yeah right....I just wonder what the "supplier pricing" is that I can supposedly get through my credit union :hmm:

Dropped the Tahoe off today for a $750 a/c repair and they told me the ABS Actuator Motor is bad, $700 for just the part :suicide2: not to mention I need to do ball joints, hubs and tre's :bawl:

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x2 Crew Cab 5.75 ft. box 143.5 in. WB
Save Now!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
CarsDirect Price
$32,140
MSRP Price:
$30,427
Employee Price:
$30,277
Sales Price:
($4,000)
Manufacturer Rebates:
Net Cost: $26,277
Pricing as of 07/31/09 in zip code 95368

Basically the same price through the email GM sent me even though I'm not a Credit Union Member

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
:lol: Yeah right....I just wonder what the "supplier pricing" is that I can supposedly get through my credit union :hmm:

Dropped the Tahoe off today for a $750 a/c repair and they told me the ABS Actuator Motor is bad, $700 for just the part :suicide2: not to mention I need to do ball joints, hubs and tre's :bawl:
try www.modulemaster.com for the ABS parts. If you end up fixing it. The dealer has to program the EBCM though.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4x2 Crew Cab 5.75 ft. box 143.5 in. WB
Save Now!
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
CarsDirect Price
$32,140
MSRP Price:
$30,427
Employee Price:
$30,277
Sales Price:
($4,000)
Manufacturer Rebates:
Net Cost: $26,277
Pricing as of 07/31/09 in zip code 95368

Basically the same price through the email GM sent me even though I'm not a Credit Union Member
Not bad, I wonder if I can get the cash for clunkers thing with this 1985 F-350 dually we have here rotting at the ranch :lol: I think it qualifies! :crazy:

try www.modulemaster.com for the ABS parts. If you end up fixing it. The dealer has to program the EBCM though.
Awesome, my service manager was telling me about a place on the net that I could get the part and do it myself and they'd just have to calibrate it :head: Thanks man! :D

How about a new equinox? Those things are badass the 2010s I think :think:

Good family car for that kid of yours coming.
:bird: Go blow a tranny :read: :kiss:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Awesome, my service manager was telling me about a place on the net that I could get the part and do it myself and they'd just have to calibrate it Thanks man!
5 year warantee and they give you money back for the core great deal. Buy the replacement screws they sell. Mine where rusted and snapped off.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Not bad, I wonder if I can get the cash for clunkers thing with this 1985 F-350 dually we have here rotting at the ranch :lol: I think it qualifies! :crazy:

Awesome, my service manager was telling me about a place on the net that I could get the part and do it myself and they'd just have to calibrate it :head: Thanks man! :D

:bird: Go blow a tranny :read: :kiss:
If that F350 is a diesel then no. If its a V10 you can look it up on the cash for clunkers website, not sure how though.

Oh and you keep jinxing me and Im going to bring a ford to your house :read:

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5 year warantee and they give you money back for the core great deal. Buy the replacement screws they sell. Mine where rusted and snapped off.
Good to know, I'll def. get those, they are only $5 extra :D

If that F350 is a diesel then no. If its a V10 you can look it up on the cash for clunkers website, not sure how though.

Oh and you keep jinxing me and Im going to bring a ford to your house :read:
Its a 460 gas motor :shrug:

It has to of been registered for the last year as well to qualify for cfc
Its technically registered, but has been non-opped for about 3 years now since it won't pass smog, but isn't that the point of this deal?? To get vehicles that don't pass smog to the crusher? :think:

Yeah or they might charge you to dispose of it !
Man, I've been trying to get rid of the damn thing for $900 and I don't even get calls....I mean its got a pretty decent flatbed on it, that's gotta be worth something for scrap metal! :lol:

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just checked, doesnt qualify

Any other beaters?
Where did you check? I checked cars.gov earlier and it said as long as the GVWR isn't over 10,000 I could get $3500 for it :shrug:

Does anyone know why GM isn't building any trucks with 3.73's anymore?? (at least all the ones in inventory at the local dealers)

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.