GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing a McGaughys 7”-9” lift on my truck. It’s a 2005 Silverado 2500hd Duramax 4x4. I’m looking into what else I need to install when installing the lift kit. I have 35x12.5 sitting on 20x12’s that I will put on the truck when I lift it. I already have the kryptonite upper control arms and tie rods. I am looking at their idler arm and pitman arm upgrades, their center link, sway bar end links, and lower control arms ball joins. I’m going to get new drive shafts. I’m debating on regearing my truck. I am tuned and daily it with 411hp 811tq to the wheels which will help with the bigger tires. If I am going to regear I think I would go to 4.56 Nitro gears. The last thing I am thinking about getting is the McGaughys traction bar kit. Is there anything I’m missing? Should I get all of that or is that over building my truck?

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I put the 7-9 McGaughys lift on my 1500 and set it at 8, the brake lines were taught with the wheel at full lock. Setting it at 9 would have been worse. I do not know if the brake lines on a 2500 have more play than on a 1500, but I would definitely keep brake lines in the back of my mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts