GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some of the new SCG PRO products and wanted to give a quick review for anyone that might be interested in purchasing some.

I feel mine will be a little different review than most you will see, simply for the fact that I don't have all the fancy detailing tools. No foam gun, pressure washer, etc.

That being said, I wanted to buy something to help disperse the suds before washing, so went to my local HF and purchased this, was on sale:

http://www.harborfreight.com/car-wash-nozzle-60773.html

First up was rinse and foam. All things considered it did great. I wasn't sure what to expect, it not being a true foam cannon.

20140517_095602.jpg

20140517_101200.jpg

Most have shown how the suds foam from the cannon, I wanted to showcase how thick and rich you can get from even just the bucket:

20140517_100204.jpg

20140517_100211.jpg

A pic to show how the suds stuck to the vehicle, after washing one side and moving to the next:

20140517_101152.jpg

From here I used the hydro-seal. I was unsure of this product since I had never used anything like it. My suggestion is to use this product in a covered area if possible. Also, make sure to let it dry completely, I left it on one side while apply the other, should have waited an extra 5-10 to let it cure more.

Wanted to touch on the other products I used. The glass cleaner is top notch, make sure to use in indirect sunlight though or you will get some hazing.

The final and IMO most amazing product out of the 4 I purchased and tried was the exterior trim conditioner, this shit is the bee's knees. Since the Tahoe's trim was pretty faded, I was super excited to try this product and man how awesome it is. Highly recommend it!

Onto the finished pics. On the front bumper valence, I purposely left some spots untouched so you can see how much of a difference the trim conditioner makes!

14203170751_5cb1f2c5e5_b.jpg
Surf City Garage Product Review by Bryant Miller, on Flickr
14206451355_9b9c7bd6c2_b.jpg
14206328974_ff14cc4793_b.jpg
14019856357_590c02f9e4_b.jpg
14203159221_59ee1a078a_b.jpg
14019866217_e5743c8d20_b.jpg
14019874317_48d9136868_b.jpg
14206479765_e45a62132a_b.jpg

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Very nice, I have always really liked NBS Z71 tahoes.
With all these reviews coming in I may have to try this stuff.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, I have always really liked NBS Z71 tahoes.
With all these reviews coming in I may have to try this stuff.
Preciate it. Not too bad for an '03!

Just got a light drizzle, look at those beads and reflection!!

20140517_163216.jpg

20140517_163205.jpg

9,795 Posts
I hope to try mine out tomorrow on a buddies SS... I didn't know about the letting it cure on the hydro seal...Tahoe looks awesome dude

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
I spray it on the whole car then start buffing off. Not sure about the curing part but i just spray it on the wet vehicle and go back and buff off.

Nice review B. Makes the Tahoe look good. Like i told you on the phone i think this will be perfect for your applications/times you wash.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
I hope to try mine out tomorrow on a buddies SS... I didn't know about the letting it cure on the hydro seal...Tahoe looks awesome dude
  1. Spray on wet paint.
  2. With one towel spread the water + hydro seal mixture over the surface.
  3. It should haze almost immediately.
  4. Buff off with a separate, dry, plush towel.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
  1. Spray on wet paint.
  2. With one towel spread the water + hydro seal mixture over the surface.
  3. It should haze almost immediately.
  4. Buff off with a separate, dry, plush towel.
This product B was by far the hardest to get used to for me, I've never used anything like it. Think it will just take some getting used to.

I'm also still undecided with the clarifying glass cleaner. I applied it yesterday in direct sunlight, which the video I watched on the product said was ok. Using a microfiber, it streaked like crazy for me. I chalked it up to being in direct sunlight and somewhat warm outside.

I tried it again this morning (overcast, 50 degrees out) and got the same results. I tried with brand new microfibers, then tried a paper towel.

Speaking with Sam on the phone post detail to talk about application, these were really the only things I wasn't 100% pleased with, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were human error and no fault of the product. But, I would probably purchase another product on the pro line before I bought the glass cleaner again. :imo

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are you using just a microfiber or a microfiber glass towel?

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
T
I'm also still undecided with the clarifying glass cleaner. I applied it yesterday in direct sunlight, which the video I watched on the product said was ok. Using a microfiber, it streaked like crazy for me. I chalked it up to being in direct sunlight and somewhat warm outside.
Probably a symptom of too much product and direct sun/heat - when working with things like this in full sun you need to reduce the size of the area you are dealing with so the product doesn't start to evaporate before you have a chance to wipe it off.

Peoples tendency is also to use a TON of product to counter the evaporation... the opposite is typically the better way to go.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably a symptom of too much product and direct sun/heat - when working with things like this in full sun you need to reduce the size of the area you are dealing with so the product doesn't start to evaporate before you have a chance to wipe it off.

Peoples tendency is also to use a TON of product to counter the evaporation... the opposite is typically the better way to go.
:shake: usually human error on something new to me. Still wanted to give honest feedback so others can learn from my mistakes.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Hey... no harm in that... even stuff like this helps me out b/c if I can reduce the possibility of human error by tweaking the product I will.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
That thing looks wet!

Hopefully I can get the same results when I try out my products

9,795 Posts
This product B was by far the hardest to get used to for me, I've never used anything like it.
Same way I felt when I did the front half of my wifes Tahoe Sunday. Sam told me "it is so easy you will think you are doing it wrong." Well that's exactly how I felt Sunday, but hopefully we get some rain in the next few days and I can see how it performs.

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Same way I felt when I did the front half of my wifes Tahoe Sunday. Sam told me "it is so easy you will think you are doing it wrong." Well that's exactly how I felt Sunday, but hopefully we get some rain in the next few days and I can see how it performs.
squirt it with a water bottle ;)

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I did a little walk arohnd video Sunday post rain, ill try to upload today.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Not gunna make a new thread, but extremely happy with my SCG wash, hydro seal. The detail spray is good too. But I'm addicted to the hydro seal lol. Can't wait till these samples run out so I can order more. Keep in mind these are just phone pictures not fancy camera photos...but reflection is still great for a white truck

image_zps20f41e3f.jpg

image_zps8ba5c586.jpg

image_zpsb462270f.jpg

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
Active Wheel Cleaner. this stuff is amazing, constantly impressing me. Took nasty brake dust off the womans car and cleaned the tires really well.

I think im getting used to the smell because this time it wasnt that bad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts