GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know my truck but for those that don't its a 2004 GMC sierra ext cab 4x4 . I recently took my lift keys out and replaced them with the stock ones. I have them decranked a little bit. Anyhow I'm trying to get the rear to match so far all I've done with it is removed the blocks from the rear. From what I can tell it needs to go about 2" lower to ride level. I was going to get these
http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com/gmc-sierra-1500-1999-2006-rear-1-2-drop-shackles-part-33037/

And also some shorter u-bolts. Is there anything else I need? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump..?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, those would drop the rear down the 2" you want.
Ok cool thanks man. Should i replace the rear springs as well or will the stockers be ok? If so what do you guys reccomend to run?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea what i ment my bad, what shocks would you run? i been looking at some Bilstein Shocks. But even with those im not sure what ones to get of even if others are better?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
yea what i ment my bad, what shocks would you run? i been looking at some Bilstein Shocks. But even with those im not sure what ones to get of even if others are better?
With your HP, I'd get a set of Cal tracs or some other sort of traction bar.

Longer shackles will also add a little more leaf movement. Not good for planting power

Do you still have the factory lift block in there?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id like to get cal tracs soon as well, and all i did was put the stock keys back in, and took that rear block out. Other than that i havent touched anything im planning on buying what i need soon tho just not sure on what all i want. I dont wanto buy a whole kit and pull all the suspention apart , plus i dont wanto go that low. Basically trying to get my angles up frount as level as i can on the stock keys so it wont be as bad on the front end with 4x4 launches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts