GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a body lift on my 01 chevy silverado and now i'm lookin for 305/70/16 tires....... i narrowed my choices to the super swamper trxus sts or the super swamper trxus mt's........ which one should i get???? i haven't seen either one in person, but from pictures, it doesn't look like the tread on the sts tires is very deep and i don't think they would last long :imo , i need opinions FAST, i need to order tires TODAY!!! thanks!

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
STS will last just as long or longer because they are AT tires. this is a freakin simple question tho. do you like to drive in mud? if so get the muds. if not get the STS. which do you like better? buy that

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i do alot of highway driving, but i don't mind road noise or anything, i'm pretty much just goin for looks! but like i said, i like the sts, but the tread doesn't look very deep on them, they kinda look worn out to me.... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
sts will definatly last longer and the ride would be much better... noise wouldn't be the problem with the mt's they wouldn't last as long and they ride rougher thats all... :rocking:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my question is, in person do they look like a good deep treaded tire??? i've never really seen them in person!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
sts looks like any other at's.... no they are not as deep as the mt's but they will outlast the mt's... because of the at pattern... at's tend to last longer and ride better in highway conditions.. i've had the mt's... they are short lived i promise but are better than the tsl's in my opinion...at is the way to go for the highway i run 38x15.5's and i'm goin with the sts at's next set i get... :ninja:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I vote MT, I dont like the look of teh STS, allthough they are a good tire.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Pavement pounder= STS's in this case

4 Wheel/ Daily Driver= MT's

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It comes down to preferance. Personally, I actually don't like the look of the MT. They look like wannabe TSL's, they just don't look like an aggressive mud terrain in person. Something to do with the tread design.

The STS will last longer.

If you decide on the sts's, just make sure you get the RADIAL STS's. They are a little more expensive, but they will last longer and give you a smoother ride.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
olwhitez05 said:
, i'm pretty much just goin for looks!

then why are you even asking the question??? if you are going for a certain look, GET IT. if you make your truck look like what other people think is cool, you will just be pissed off in the end :read:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
olwhitez05 said:
well i do alot of highway driving, but i don't mind road noise or anything, i'm pretty much just goin for looks! but like i said, i like the sts, but the tread doesn't look very deep on them, they kinda look worn out to me.... what do you guys think?
if i were in your situation, i'd go with the street terrains, err STS i mean.

disclaimer: i'd never be in this situation and would otherwise go with the MTs because they rule and if i were buying a tire that looked mean i'd be buying it to go offroad :read:

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Jeff said:
then why are you even asking the question??? if you are going for a certain look, GET IT. if you make your truck look like what other people think is cool, you will just be pissed off in the end :read:
:word:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts