GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in FullsizeForum too, wanto see what you guys have to say about it too. :cheers:

I dont have my truck right now, and Ive never really looked at the front diff and how its been modified with the Fabtech kit, but do any of yall think/know if you can put the Rancho diff drop bracket into a Fabtech lifted p/u to get the full 6" drop on the diff? Or is this all connected to the subframe? I know the skidplate would have to go if this were poss. I just want some better angles and want to crank some more if possible:anitoof: :anitoof: . Thanks!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have OBS or NBS? On the NBS Fabtech the diff is bolted to the subframes and the rancho drop bracket is 4.5" just like the Fabtech so it wouldn't make a difference.

Never seen the OBS Fabtech kit so I don't know about the OBS trucks if thats what your talking about...

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
It wont work. First off, if you used UCA drop brackets, you'd need stock spindles again. Second, even if you did get the brackets and spindles, everything else wouldnt line up, since the LCA mounting points on the subframe are moved down and outward to accomodate the Fabtech spindles (thats why the front track is widened with the kit, because the LCA mounts are moved out, to get the spindles to line up.

Get what I'm saying?

If you want to do something with UCA drop brackets, you'll basically have to replace the entire lift kit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I forgot yall dont know me here, but yeah its an OBS.

Grant:Fabtech's OBS kit doesnt move the UCA's at all

I was just wanting to know if the front diff. could be moved down the full 6" like Rancho's OBS design to get better angles(using a new bracket or whatever they use to drop it). Fabtech only drops it 4.5". Does this make better sense? Thanks...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
it wont bolt up without a decent amount of fab work. Honestly more than its worth. If your that concerened about it just sell your lift and buy a rancho.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Blue Z Cowboy said:
Grant:Fabtech's OBS kit doesnt move the UCA's at all
Yeah, I know, thats my point. If you used some Rancho UCA drop brackets, the spindles wouldnt line up, since the LCA's are moved outward.

But yeah, the diff drop bracket idea wont work either, because the Rancho bracket is part of the subframe.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, i see what your saying, I just need to get my truck back now so i can see for my self, yea i know, im hardheaded, thanks for yalls help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts