GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Is it difficult? I have the center console in my 03 Sierra (w/ Bose) and I want the seat with the flip down console. I am cheap as hell though AND I am worried about selling or trading my console and then not likeing the seat or something.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll trade with you! It isn't very difficult! WHat color is your interior? Mine is the dark gray. Look at my cardomain site (link in sig) on page 2 for pics of my folding seat/console.

trey

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
I've done it in an '02. Easy as hell, and I have absolutly NO regrets :bowtie: I'll get some pictures later tonight

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'd love to have an 03 up console. I've been looking for one forever!

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I had a center console in my old 2000 and I have the center seat in my 04. I have to say I like the flip down console allot better it is more functional and my stuff fits better, not to mention that the armrest is more comfortable, and you can fit another person. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will trade someone my console (minus the Bose Amp and SUB) for the console seat. I think they call the interior dark pewter. I would prefer to trade with someone in the Bay Area or close to avoid shipping.

I assume the seat bolts have to be taken off to completely remove these. Does anyone know how difficult it is. I have taken out my console but the metal plate it was mounted on is still in the truck. Please reply if you have any info on this.

Also has anyone succesfully relocated the Bose Sub?

·
Registered
639 Posts
take out the passenger seat completly (making sure to unplug the 2 plugs for the airbad sensor), then unbolt the 2 bolts on the inside of the drivers seat, then loosen the drivers seat on the outside and tilt the drivers seat then remove the frame for the center console. Then put it all back together.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
mattwho said:
I will trade someone my console (minus the Bose Amp and SUB) for the console seat. I think they call the interior dark pewter. I would prefer to trade with someone in the Bay Area or close to avoid shipping.

I assume the seat bolts have to be taken off to completely remove these. Does anyone know how difficult it is. I have taken out my console but the metal plate it was mounted on is still in the truck. Please reply if you have any info on this.
13mm deep socket in the rear, 15mm in front. too bad you didn't want to trade a few months ago, i'd have taken that console in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i am sorry to everyone who offered before when I was on the fence about getting rid of my console. Thanks all for the info. If i remember right it looked like the seats were bolted in with a star shaped bolt? Is a special tool needed to remove this? The only work i have ever done on my truck was stereo install so I am not to familiar with this type of stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts