GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 09 LT Silverado with factory single disk cd/mp3. I'd like to switch it with a factory 6 disk cd. I know the older trucks had to have the BCM flashed to work with a new (different) stock radio. Is that the case with the 07+ as well? Naturally I'd like to just switch them out in my garage one evening and have everything work but my luck it isn't going to be that easy.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
So your wanting to swap your single disk Cd player to a 6 disk cd player out of another NNBS right?

If so, I'm pretty sure that you have to get it flashed so it dosen't lock up on you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your wanting to swap your single disk Cd player to a 6 disk cd player out of another NNBS right?

If so, I'm pretty sure that you have to get it flashed so it dosen't lock up on you.

Yes, that's exactly what I would like to do. I was afraid the BCM would need flashed...

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I'm pretty sure it will need to be flashed. Just install it yourself and take it to the dealership :shrug:

I hope to swap my friend for his touch screen double din that he has in his truck but it has to be flashed to work for me. It’s just a security thing. It doesn’t take long to have it flashed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts