GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try and make this short and sweet and hope for a direct answer.

Will there be ANY problems putting my wheels (MKW 26's. 20x9, 5.5" BS) on a NNBS Tahoe with Stock 20's and the Tire Pressure Sensors?

Will I need new TPS's for the Tahoe or can you reuse them?

Thanks

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
the sensor can be re-used, sometimes the valve stemms are for 1 time use only, so you might need to get new ones. make sure you keep your tps and the NNBS keeps theirs to avoid them not working properly

·
Fender Measurements?
21,153 Posts
you may have to buy something. Schwab told me they are like one time use on one or two of them. I dont remember but i do remember them putting them from my OEM to my 24s

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the sensor can be re-used, sometimes the valve stemms are for 1 time use only, so you might need to get new ones. make sure you keep your tps and the NNBS keeps theirs to avoid them not working properly
I don't have the TPS, just the NNBS Hoe. I'm just wondering if the TPS from the stock 20's will work with my 20's without causing problems.

you may have to buy something. Schwab told me they are like one time use on one or two of them. I dont remember but i do remember them putting them from my OEM to my 24s
Hmm... So in other words, call the dealerships?

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
If you are keeping them on your truck, you'll be fine. it won't do anything if the truck doesn't have TPMS already installed. the NNBS hoe will need TPMS on the new wheels because there light will stay on if it doesn't recognize the senros. there is no disable option.

Best thing to do is have the sensors swapped out to the wheels going on the HOE, they did that on my set of 22"s, i'm not sure if they used all the same parts or if they put new stems, i didn't pay for them. if the HOE gets the wheel with no sensors, then they will need to buy them at some point unless they don't care, there not cheap, around 70-100 bux usually, that's street price.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are keeping them on your truck, you'll be fine. it won't do anything if the truck doesn't have TPMS already installed. the NNBS hoe will need TPMS on the new wheels because there light will stay on if it doesn't recognize the senros. there is no disable option.

Best thing to do is have the sensors swapped out to the wheels going on the HOE, they did that on my set of 22"s, i'm not sure if they used all the same parts or if they put new stems, i didn't pay for them. if the HOE gets the wheel with no sensors, then they will need to buy them at some point unless they don't care, there not cheap, around 70-100 bux usually, that's street price.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear with the title. I'm not taking the NNBS 20's. I would be selling them.

The TPS are on the Tahoe currently. If I were to pull those wheels off, put my wheels on, put the original TPS back on the hoe (with my current wheels), that will work, correct?

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
Umm.. yea

just keep the TPS on the vehicle that has it enabled by the factory. if you don't care or selling them to someone who doesn't need the TPS, you can just leave them in yours. but then you could use the TPS for a better sale, ASSUMING you can find a cheap place to do the swapping, otherwise it would be a loss not a gain on resale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts