GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to put on my 7-9" FTS lift last night and turns out my sway bar end links were seized tight so couldn't get them out to remove the sway bar, anyways put the truck back together and picked up some new sway bar end links and cut the old ones out, when I put the new ones in it seems like the hole for them in the sway bar is farther forward than the lca hole, and this makes the rubber things not seat properly in the hole? Barely had enough room at the end to thread the nut before I could tighten it up

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong shouldn't need anything other than the tire removed to replace the end links should I? Tried jacking up one sides knuckle and still they don't line up well

I'll take some pictures

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

And I know there not configured all properly, but that was basically the only way I could fit the washers and rubbers things well enough to get the nut on

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what year is the truck? I had to flip my sway bar when I put my FTS on my wife's Tahoe.

2011, I never actually got the lift on, I was in the tear down for it when I couldn't get my sway bar out, so I had to cut end links and get new ones, trucks sitting with a 2.5" tgc level in the front

I'm thinking it's gotta either be my tie rods or it might fix itself with an alignment which seems to be much needed as I look at my tires lol

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Shouldn't have anything to do with alignment or tie rods. When you level a truck it actually moves the hole inward. When you put the lift on you'll have to drill new wholes. If it were I'd just remove it. I removed mine when I was leveled and now I'm lifted and it doesn't feel much different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shouldn't have anything to do with alignment or tie rods. When you level a truck it actually moves the hole inward. When you put the lift on you'll have to drill new wholes. If it were I'd just remove it. I removed mine when I was leveled and now I'm lifted and it doesn't feel much different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought, since I put in the level the lca must be out of line because of the spacer, asked someone and they said that wouldn't do anything. Once I lift it there's end link/sway bar brackets that are kinda like extenders so that should line them up again

·
Registered
272 Posts
I ran without my sway bar for a bit. Don't have to run it. Just put your lift on and see how it lines up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone wants to know it definitely was the lower strut spacer, bolted together perfectly once removed and fts 7-9" is on

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ur suppose to have an extension on that sway bar. That's the piece ur missing

Tgc 2.5" level never came with a sway bar extension which is what I had on when I made this thread, just swapped it out to an FTS 7-9" which comes with the extension

But the real reason was because the lower strut spacer on the level pushed the LCA down and the holes didn't line up perfectly

All better now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts