GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the middle of installing an air ride on my 05 silverado ss.

i WAS planning on being able to lower my truck 5" below stock ride height, and be able to lift it up to 3" above stock ride height.

it looks like my sway bar is pretty much maxed out (starting to lift the truck) when i jack up the wheel to a 5" drop.

should i remove it completely?
do they make sway bars for lowered trucks? (they must)
if so then, which one should i get?
or do they make a shorter peice of metal that goes in between the sway bar and the lower control arm? (the peice that connects the two)

im kinda at a stand still till i figure this one out, so any info would be great!

im also having another problem. . . . .

i purchased some DJM upper control arms. and after installing them, my upper ball joint wont allow me to do more than a 2" lift. is that normal, or is something wrong with the way i have it?

thanks again guys. really appreciate the help.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
yea it's not the sway bar it's the endlinks, so shorter ones or rodend setup will help

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
i have my sway bar in. I changed out the end links to heims though because it was eating the bushing from all the angle.

The top angle doesn't change much, but the bottom by the arm does quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
you can just buy shorter endlinks at the local parts store also (we cant all be like grant) thats a neat setup though if you have the resources and skills to make it

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wagon boy, did you fabricate that or was it just baught to bolt on. I see you had to weld tghe bottom mount on though.

What about the ball joint angle guys? ! ! ??

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does a sway bar make a big difference in the ride? and is it more at fast corners or is it all the time?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i have my sway bar in. I changed out the end links to heims though because it was eating the bushing from all the angle.

Nice mod I've never seen that before...I've been thinking about what I was going to do with attaching my sway bar the choppin block arms.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7034/minidsc00634ox2.jpg[img]

[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3286/minidsc00637dc9.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Thats badass!

[quote="leviticus, post: 2919687"]What about the ball joint angle guys? ! ! ??[/QUOTE]
Well those DJM uppers are made for a lowered truck, not one thats lifted 2 inches, I would guess thats why you cant go over 2 inches of lift.

You can have a truck that can go from laying frame to fitting 35s, it just doesnt work like that.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i get the thing where i cant go over 2 " and thank you everyone for pointing that out to me. been working long days, and just focusing too much on too many things that i didnt look at the big picture there.

but me last question about the sway bars. corners? or all the time?

pics are in my other thread. "bagging ss keeping awd"

more comming soon. sorry, i've been bad about that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts