GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2wd sway bar bolt, nut, sleeve, and bushings for my 99. If anyone has one let me know

·
Registered
658 Posts
well i have all the stock sway bar bolts and shit if that helps you out at all.....

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You won't wanna use stock length ones if these are going on your truck. If you go down to any Pep Boys or Oreilly's or whatever you can get fullsway bar kits for like 7 bucks. They will have two sizes....get the shorter kit...it's around 1.5" shorter.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I took the DJM control arms off I tried to put the DJM sway bar bolts on it and they wouldn't come close to fitting so I went and got the factory ones and they worked. Are ya saying that since I know have 2" spindles I don't need to use the factory bolts anymore?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Well, the factory bolts are usually too long to give the sway bar enough travel at a lower stance and keep it from binding.....basically keeping the bar angles reasonable slo it doesn't bend the bolts. On a lowered vehicle that usually means a shorter bolt bringing the bar closer to the LCA. The sway bar bolts have nothing to do with spindles. Use what works but on the 2 99+'s I've bagged the stock bolts create funky bar angles...I used shorter ones.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've not noticed a single problem with mine when it's laid out, maybe I'm not looking at something right.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If you don't see a prob than don't change them. I just relayed what I've had to do....if the stockers work for you than it's all good.

Cameron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts